JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Ayumoon (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Maybe i can help teach japanese. - 08-20-2010, 04:03 PM

I`m new on this web site so don`t know how to use this site well.
But i`m from japan, so maybe i can help teach japanese for someone. But i have not much experience to teach languege for someone so i don`t sure if i can teach it well or not.
But maybe i can try it
(But sometimes i need time to answer becouse sometimes i`m busy, so please understand this.)
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kvcnext (Offline)
New to JF

08-20-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumoon View Post
But i`m from japan, so maybe i can help teach japanese for someone. But i have not much experience to teach languege for someone so i don`t sure if i can teach it well or not.
But maybe i can try it
(But sometimes i need time to answer becouse sometimes i`m busy, so please understand this.)
Ah, that's so kind of you. I could use any help, it's such a different language from English.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
bigtoe205 (Offline)
Banned

08-28-2010, 08:27 AM

Well, I've watch anime and I very love Japanese. It sounds very lovely. But I've heard that Japanese is really hard to learn. It's so different from English or France. I'm learning Chinese and find it's so difficult to remember Chinese characters. They say that Japanese is even more difficult... o.O
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Applestar (Offline)
New to JF

08-28-2010, 09:35 PM

My mom says the Chinese language is one of the most hardest languages to learn (hence, Sejong Daewang created the Korean language so that many people could be literate--not just the royalty or nobles). As I've started to learn Japanese, I noticed it was very similar to Korean (in terms of word-usage, grammatical, and customary remarks). It's kind of like how English is similar to Spanish so native Spanish speakers find it easier to learn English when they come to America compared to, for instance, native Korean speakers.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

08-29-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applestar View Post
My mom says the Chinese language is one of the most hardest languages to learn (hence, Sejong Daewang created the Korean language so that many people could be literate--not just the royalty or nobles). As I've started to learn Japanese, I noticed it was very similar to Korean (in terms of word-usage, grammatical, and customary remarks). It's kind of like how English is similar to Spanish so native Spanish speakers find it easier to learn English when they come to America compared to, for instance, native Korean speakers.
I assure you Sejong Daewang did not invent Korean.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Applestar (Offline)
New to JF

08-29-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
I assure you Sejong Daewang did not invent Korean.
My wording wasn't very clear. Sejong Daewang presided over it (i.e. hiring scholars) and played a huge role in promulgating it.

I wasn't really interested in the sprinkles of details (my parents just told me about him, maybe learned it in Sat. Korean school briefly long ago), but -for anyone else interested in the exact history: Quick 411
(#7 (permalink))
Old
delacroix01 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-29-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtoe205
Well, I've watch anime and I very love Japanese. It sounds very lovely. But I've heard that Japanese is really hard to learn. It's so different from English or France. I'm learning Chinese and find it's so difficult to remember Chinese characters. They say that Japanese is even more difficult... o.O
Well, Japanese is indeed hard to learn, but not so much if you study it systematically, little by little. I used to attend a Chinese class and I can tell you that Japanese is actually easier to learn. First of all, Japanese doesn't have as many phonemes as Chinese does. It took me only more than a month to memorize the Kana (and I felt really relaxed when learning it), while it was annoying like hell when I tried to memorize how to read Chinese Pinyin. Moreover, simplified Chinese characters don't describe the meaning of words as good as Kanji or traditional Chinese characters do. This is why I could retain more words when studying Kanji compared to when I studied Chinese. My first language is Vietnamese, a language that is heavily influenced by Chinese, and yet I still find it very difficult to pronounce Chinese words, while pronouncing Japanese is much more relaxed, not to mention that my English and Japanese were degrading while I was attending the Chinese class, lol.

Anyway, you just have to be patient and have self-discipline and you'll gradually be able to learn Japanese. I can assure you for that.

Last edited by delacroix01 : 08-29-2010 at 08:54 AM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

08-29-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applestar View Post
My wording wasn't very clear. Sejong Daewang presided over it (i.e. hiring scholars) and played a huge role in promulgating it.

I wasn't really interested in the sprinkles of details (my parents just told me about him, maybe learned it in Sat. Korean school briefly long ago), but -for anyone else interested in the exact history: Quick 411
Korean and Hangul are not the same thing. But I suspect you already knew this. I just got confused because you kept talking about "Korean," not "Hangul."
(#9 (permalink))
Old
kareemjojohn (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to kareemjojohn Send a message via Yahoo to kareemjojohn Send a message via Skype™ to kareemjojohn
Thanks for the nice offer! - 09-01-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumoon View Post
But maybe i can try it
Watashi wa Karim desu, watashi wa Hunza kara kimashita!

Japanese language is indeed very difficult language for one to learn by own self. It would be great kind of you if you can teach me.. I love the japanese language very much i can just speak a little, I want to learn it and i am crazy about to learn it..

Nihonjo language wa tottemo muzkashi desu!

Looking forward to hear from you
(#10 (permalink))
Old
BabyAzerty (Offline)
New to JF

09-01-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtoe205 View Post
It's so different from English or France. I'm learning Chinese and find it's so difficult to remember Chinese characters. They say that Japanese is even more difficult... o.O
You mean French not France, right ^^

Anyway, how can Japanese characters be even more difficult than Chinese characters knowing that Japanese charac. are based on the Chinese ones.
It's much easier for a Chinese to understand Japanese than for a Japanese to understand Chinese ^^