JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   Translation Help: Product Guide in Japanese (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/33638-translation-help-product-guide-japanese.html)

inquirer 08-30-2010 11:51 AM

Translation Help: Product Guide in Japanese

1 Attachment(s)
Hello!

I recently bought a cute Sanrio Sunshade for my car. I would like to seek help in understanding the product guide. I have zero knowledge of the Japanese language but I can recognize some Chinese words like "Danger" and "Warning".

I'm attaching a link of the actual product guide.

Hope someone can help me translate at least the parts where it mentions about safety and some warnings about high temperature and what not to do...

Thank you in advance for anyone willing to help.

Cheers!

Sashimister 08-30-2010 12:01 PM

lol Where did you buy this product and for how much?

This is clearly counterfeit. The instructions contain tons of errors and nonsense.

YuriTokoro 08-30-2010 12:23 PM

ほんとだ~! 

日本語4、中国語2、デタラメ4 で、混ぜてみました みたいなかんじ。
こういうことをするのって、どこの国の人かしらね~え ?
あえて言わないけど…きっと…

inquirer 08-30-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sashimister (Post 826586)
lol Where did you buy this product and for how much?

This is clearly counterfeit. The instructions contain tons of errors and nonsense.

Haha! I got this at a bargain place. Around $4.45.

Would appreciate if you can give me the gist of the safety instructions :)

inquirer 09-01-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YuriTokoro (Post 826590)
ほんとだ~! 

日本語4、中国語2、デタラメ4 で、混ぜてみました みたいなかんじ。
こういうことをするのって、どこの国の人かしらね~え ?
あえて言わないけど…きっと…

can u give the gist of the safety instructions? Thanks!

duo797 09-01-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inquirer (Post 826974)
can u give the gist of the safety instructions? Thanks!

The gist of what yuritokoro said is 'It feels like it's 4 parts japanese, 2 parts chinese and 4 parts bullshit/nonsense. I wonder, what nationality of people would do something like this? I wouldn't dare say but... it's probably...' (That sounds right?)

Also, what you're asking them to do is translate an english equivalent of 'When be putting carr shade en el coche for the blocking el sol'. It resembles japanese but the grammar is really off. No one is going to be able to give you a translation for something that doesn't make sense.

Edit: lol I hadn't given it a good look before now, but I have to agree, it's gibberish. フロントガス? I laughed at that. :p What the heck is the Front Gaos? I think my english sentence is a bit generous because I only switched some english with spanish on occasion but still had readable sentences. This japanese is weiiiird.

KyleGoetz 09-01-2010 02:55 PM

All of the responses ITT make me feel sooooo much better about giving up reading it and wondering what the heck had happened to my Japanese literacy the past few days!

inquirer 09-04-2010 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duo797 (Post 826992)
The gist of what yuritokoro said is 'It feels like it's 4 parts japanese, 2 parts chinese and 4 parts bullshit/nonsense. I wonder, what nationality of people would do something like this? I wouldn't dare say but... it's probably...' (That sounds right?)

Also, what you're asking them to do is translate an english equivalent of 'When be putting carr shade en el coche for the blocking el sol'. It resembles japanese but the grammar is really off. No one is going to be able to give you a translation for something that doesn't make sense.

Edit: lol I hadn't given it a good look before now, but I have to agree, it's gibberish. フロントガス? I laughed at that. :p What the heck is the Front Gaos? I think my english sentence is a bit generous because I only switched some english with spanish on occasion but still had readable sentences. This japanese is weiiiird.

haha. thanks for the effort though :)