JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kvcnext (Offline)
New to JF

small message translation help to Japanese - 10-17-2010, 04:17 PM

Hello. A friend of mine is going through a hard time, so i'd like to be able to send her a small e-mail in Japanese. She doesn't speak English, and I know her through a friend who was always able to translate until now. My relationship with her is friendly, but we're not best friends or anything, in case that matters in how it's translated, if it's not too much trouble.

'Even if you're going through a hard time, please try not to feel down about it. I know we're not close enough for me to intrude on personal matters, but I hope to see you at Tokyo dome in December! Until then, take it easy.'

I'd very much appreciate it if any body would be kind enough to translate this, if it isn't too much bother ^^
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-18-2010, 12:40 AM

If you aren't close friends, but are acquaintances, I am wondering how appropriate this would be.

I notice that culturally when people are going through hard times in Japan, people tend to leave them alone. It may seem cold to Westerners, but it seems normal in Japan.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

10-18-2010, 01:18 AM

Plus:
"I know you're going through a hard time. I can't wait to see you at the big game in a few months!"
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kvcnext (Offline)
New to JF

10-18-2010, 06:22 AM

Well we are good friends. We just haven't seen each other in a while, and she used to live in Germany for a long time so she's never been very Japanese in that aspect.

Also, she was the one who told me about her problems. We would talk about person issues before, with the small amount of german I know and mosty with our mutal friend to translate.