JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
fogas (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to fogas Send a message via Skype™ to fogas
Hey! need help - 10-18-2010, 04:30 PM

Hello. I don't really know much about this site, so I'm just writing, and hoping that someone will answer =) I'm learning japanese for about 1,5 year know, and I'm constantly loosing my motivation. T_T So now I decided to try asking for help in studies. And maybe some advices... =)
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

10-18-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogas View Post
Hello. I don't really know much about this site, so I'm just writing, and hoping that someone will answer =) I'm learning japanese for about 1,5 year know, and I'm constantly loosing my motivation. T_T So now I decided to try asking for help in studies. And maybe some advices... =)
Then ask specific questions. I can't help you if I don't know what you want to know, and I'm not going to teach a whole course on Japanese here.

Regarding advice, use the search function on this website. We get the same blanket, broad question you've asked at least once per week. You'll find a number of threads about it already. I gave really good advice once, and I don't want to type it over and over again.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
fogas (Offline)
JF Regular

10-18-2010, 04:40 PM

thank you
(#4 (permalink))
Old
mira (Offline)
JF Regular

10-22-2010, 05:44 AM

I know how you feel. Through my journey of learning Japanese it has always been one of the most important things to me. I am still learning today and everyday. I always study hard and focus on really learning. I want to go to Japan and meet people and learn about the society very bad so I always made learning Japanese a big priority.
But sometimes there are just days where I feel really discouraged and almost feel like quitting. Whether it's because something is really difficult to understand, or something that someone says to me, or whatever. I get those days where I feel really sad and I feel like giving up on my dream of learning it and going to Japan. But I always hold on to it with all my might. Because going there and seeing a new place is way more important that small things that come my way and get me down. Because I know they will pass and if I can't get past them and recover than I really will never have my dream come true and it was all for nothing. But sometimes it is really really hard and it takes a long time to get motivated again. If I try to force myself to get back into it, I end up feeling worse. Sometimes I get so discouraged I don't even want to see or hear anything to do with Japanese. But it always passes.
I think my advice to you would be when something discourages you or you feel unmotivated, don't force yourself to be motivated again. Even if you really really want to learn it you will feel this sometimes. But when this happens you should put it all aside from you, don't think about it or worry or stress. Just put it aside and wait for the right time. Either with time you will feel motivated again or something will happen, you will see or hear or experience something that will make you happy and want to be motivated again! This is what I do and it works.
It is really difficult, but not impossible, to learn on your own. I think you should take some classes or at least one class to get you on the right track and so you can understand the very basic important things. If you feel you don't need a class or you have already taken one then maybe you should buy buy books or tapes or videos or find good websites online to help you. I can give you some really good learning websites that helped me a lot. If you are wanting to talk with someone who knows it and can help you, this might not be the best place. People on here are willing to answer small question but they can't provide you with all the information you want. I am sorry. But don't get discouraged if people seem rude or anything on here to you. I understand you want help and just want advice so I gave you the best advice I could offer so good luck and if you want any help or those websites I mentioned let me know!
I know it's hard and Japanese can be really frustrating but never ever let it go! Don't ever abandon it or give up if it is something you really want. If you feel discouraged put it aside and don't worry and when you are ready it will come back and you will do good.
You can learn and you will learn someday so good luck!

Last edited by mira : 10-22-2010 at 05:49 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
fogas (Offline)
JF Regular

Smile !!! - 10-22-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mira View Post
I know how you feel. Through my journey of learning Japanese it has always been one of the most important things to me. I am still learning today and everyday. I always study hard and focus on really learning. I want to go to Japan and meet people and learn about the society very bad so I always made learning Japanese a big priority.
But sometimes there are just days where I feel really discouraged and almost feel like quitting. Whether it's because something is really difficult to understand, or something that someone says to me, or whatever. I get those days where I feel really sad and I feel like giving up on my dream of learning it and going to Japan. But I always hold on to it with all my might. Because going there and seeing a new place is way more important that small things that come my way and get me down. Because I know they will pass and if I can't get past them and recover than I really will never have my dream come true and it was all for nothing. But sometimes it is really really hard and it takes a long time to get motivated again. If I try to force myself to get back into it, I end up feeling worse. Sometimes I get so discouraged I don't even want to see or hear anything to do with Japanese. But it always passes.
I think my advice to you would be when something discourages you or you feel unmotivated, don't force yourself to be motivated again. Even if you really really want to learn it you will feel this sometimes. But when this happens you should put it all aside from you, don't think about it or worry or stress. Just put it aside and wait for the right time. Either with time you will feel motivated again or something will happen, you will see or hear or experience something that will make you happy and want to be motivated again! This is what I do and it works.
It is really difficult, but not impossible, to learn on your own. I think you should take some classes or at least one class to get you on the right track and so you can understand the very basic important things. If you feel you don't need a class or you have already taken one then maybe you should buy buy books or tapes or videos or find good websites online to help you. I can give you some really good learning websites that helped me a lot. If you are wanting to talk with someone who knows it and can help you, this might not be the best place. People on here are willing to answer small question but they can't provide you with all the information you want. I am sorry. But don't get discouraged if people seem rude or anything on here to you. I understand you want help and just want advice so I gave you the best advice I could offer so good luck and if you want any help or those websites I mentioned let me know!
I know it's hard and Japanese can be really frustrating but never ever let it go! Don't ever abandon it or give up if it is something you really want. If you feel discouraged put it aside and don't worry and when you are ready it will come back and you will do good.
You can learn and you will learn someday so good luck!
Thank you very much It helped me a lot. I would like to take classes, but I don't have any chance for that, because I'm living in a small town. There is nothing like that here. But I'm studying with books, Internet and many other things. And in the last months I'm getting a lot more motivation than before, so I'm studying a lot, using most og my time for Japanese studies. Thanks a lot!!!