JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
hatsuto11 (Offline)
阿邪美能伊理比売

東京を離れちゃった(涙) - 10-19-2010, 03:13 PM

Hello guys,

I spent my last summer vacation (2 months) in Japan, and I came back to my homeland to finish the last year of high school.
So I simply have 2 questions:
1) Do you have any advice for how I can keep my exposure to Japanese on a daily basis? I mean, is there any way I can communicate with Japanese people daily and have a conversation with them? or maybe some useful language learning websites....
2) What should I do to get a scholarship to Japan, or in other words whom should I contact to get more details? I already contacted the embassy but they say I should call them next year since they don't offer scholarships now.
(I am looking for a way except googling! since I already gave it up)
皆様、お返事お待ちしております^^
どうぞ宜しくお願い致します(^_^)

大日本帝國に戻りたい!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-19-2010, 03:18 PM

Can't help, but...wow, 2 months in Japan: what a dream (ENVY!).

.....皆様、お返事お待ちしております^^
どうぞ宜しくお願い致します(^_^)....
Do you actually use this level of 敬語 in forums? I am never sure how to speak..I will never learn LOL. When I write to Japanese people for the first time, first thing I do is apologizing if they find me rude

降り注ぐ雨 マジで冷てぇ
暗闇の中 歩くしかねぇ
everything’s gonna be okay 恐れることねぇ
辛い時こそ胸を張れ
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

10-19-2010, 03:29 PM

There are a few people on this forum offering language help, you can ask them to see if they are willing to exchange emails with you. I do that with a facebook user, there is a language exchange "program" on facebook

What I do to expose myself to Japanese culture:

1. I am constantly online looking at Japanese website
2. Read daily Japanese news on Asahi.com
3. As mentioned above, i do language exchange with some locals
3b. On the note of language exchange, there is a pretty stupid game call "Second Life", there are plenty of Japanese users that you can probably exchange language with. I did that for a coupld of days over christmas
4. Watch lots of Japanese Drama or TV show.. you can try keyhole for that
5. Use Wiki to read up on Japanese history from different Era

Thats about it, maybe there are few things on this list that will suit you
(#4 (permalink))
Old
hatsuto11 (Offline)
阿邪美能伊理比売

10-19-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryuop View Post
Can't help, but...wow, 2 months in Japan: what a dream (ENVY!).

.....皆様、お返事お待ちしております^^
どうぞ宜しくお願い致します(^_^)....
Do you actually use this level of 敬語 in forums? I am never sure how to speak..I will never learn LOL. When I write to Japanese people for the first time, first thing I do is apologizing if they find me rude
haha.... Maybe most people would prefer not use it..... but I like keigo... and I don't see any problem using it here because I don't have any intimate friends in this forum:'(
so maybe if we became friends, I would be more casual haha (jk)

大日本帝國に戻りたい!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
hatsuto11 (Offline)
阿邪美能伊理比売

10-19-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
There are a few people on this forum offering language help, you can ask them to see if they are willing to exchange emails with you. I do that with a facebook user, there is a language exchange "program" on facebook

What I do to expose myself to Japanese culture:

1. I am constantly online looking at Japanese website
2. Read daily Japanese news on Asahi.com
3. As mentioned above, i do language exchange with some locals
3b. On the note of language exchange, there is a pretty stupid game call "Second Life", there are plenty of Japanese users that you can probably exchange language with. I did that for a coupld of days over christmas
4. Watch lots of Japanese Drama or TV show.. you can try keyhole for that
5. Use Wiki to read up on Japanese history from different Era

Thats about it, maybe there are few things on this list that will suit you
Oh I am very curious to know about that application! please tell me more... or you know what? you can contact me directly through fb if you want (Alaa Marjieh)
And by the way, one of my problems is that I don't have time to keep chasing Japanese people online so I am looking for a more organized thing...(since I may leave Israel by the beginning of 2012 and head again to Japan)

大日本帝國に戻りたい!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

10-19-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsuto11 View Post
Hello guys,

I spent my last summer vacation (2 months) in Japan, and I came back to my homeland to finish the last year of high school.
So I simply have 2 questions:
1) Do you have any advice for how I can keep my exposure to Japanese on a daily basis? I mean, is there any way I can communicate with Japanese people daily and have a conversation with them? or maybe some useful language learning websites....
2) What should I do to get a scholarship to Japan, or in other words whom should I contact to get more details? I already contacted the embassy but they say I should call them next year since they don't offer scholarships now.
(I am looking for a way except googling! since I already gave it up)
皆様、お返事お待ちしております^^
どうぞ宜しくお願い致します(^_^)
1. Skype or Japanese who live in ナザレ. That's Nazareth, right? There have got to be some Japanese people in Jerusalem, I would think.

2. The Monbukagakusho awards scholarships to study in Japan. Monbukagakusho Scholarship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia They award it to different types of students. Some are for a complete undergrad education in Japan, some are for people doing 1-year language exchange, etc.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
hatsuto11 (Offline)
阿邪美能伊理比売

10-19-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
1. Skype or Japanese who live in ナザレ. That's Nazareth, right? There have got to be some Japanese people in Jerusalem, I would think.

2. The Monbukagakusho awards scholarships to study in Japan. Monbukagakusho Scholarship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia They award it to different types of students. Some are for a complete undergrad education in Japan, some are for people doing 1-year language exchange, etc.
oh yes.... i remembered u told me about that one before.... maybe i should check it out... (BTW, I am looking for a 5 year scholarship at least)
uhm... I wish I could contact Japanese people who live in Jerusalem but... it is like asking someone who lives in Kyoto to exchange language with someone who lives in Tokyo... kinda far... (in Shinkansen you would arrive in about 2.5 hours but we don't have shinkansen here haha)

大日本帝國に戻りたい!