JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

Highlight Native Speakers' Names on JF - 10-19-2010, 08:17 PM

Native speakers here: Could I get your input on whether you're cool with this?

I made a script that changes the color of a native speaker's name on JF to red so it stands out.

I keep forgetting who native speakers are here, so I did this so I could easily see when a native is giving some advice or not.

If anyone using Opera as his web browser wants to use it, here's the code:
Quote:
code removed until I get some input from native speaker
You just save it as, say, JF.js in a directory somewhere on your computer and then tell your browser that is the directory for UserJS files.

Now I couldn't remember everyone off the top of my head, so I've only got YuriTokoro, Sashimister, and tsurezure, whom I have seen posting recently or I am Internet Friends [tm] with.

So if you come across another, just open up the js file and add a comma followed by his name surrounded by single quotation marks to the nativeUsers=[.....] line.

No disrespect to anyone excluded, but I just threw this together in a couple minutes and thought I'd share.

Edit Flurg! I missed my 2000th post.

Last edited by KyleGoetz : 10-19-2010 at 09:26 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-19-2010, 08:54 PM

Did you talk with them about this first?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

10-19-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Did you talk with them about this first?
No. Should I have? All it does is change the color of their name on my computer, so it doesn't affect them at all, except that it's easier for me to spot posts I would consider more trustworthy.

If you think I am even remotely out of line, feel free to PM me and delete this thread.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-19-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
No. Should I have? All it does is change the color of their name on my computer, so it doesn't affect them at all, except that it's easier for me to spot posts I would consider more trustworthy.

If you think I am even remotely out of line, feel free to PM me and delete this thread.
If they don't care, then I don't care. I understand what you are doing and why, but I think the people being affected should have their opinion heard. I don't want to make a big deal out of it.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

10-19-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If they don't care, then I don't care. I understand what you are doing and why, but I think the people being affected should have their opinion heard. I don't want to make a big deal out of it.
OK. I'll remove the code and ask for comments from natives about it. Then I'll respond based on that.