JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   Casual japanese chat (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/3520-casual-japanese-chat.html)

Beki 04-06-2007 01:47 PM

Casual japanese chat

I realised there arn't any threads for just having a down to earth chat in Japanese.

When i say chat, personally i mean the EXTREME basics, but because of my passion for the language, at any opportunity i have i love to speak the little i do know and thought a thread like this would be fun and helpful to practice the things you do know.

This applies to everyone! Fluent speakers or beginners. Don't be afraid to join in and give it a go, i'm only a beginner aswell so you'll have someone to look silly with :)

If i start:

Konichiwa! Watashi wa Beki desu, watashi wa gakusei desu, Igirisujin desu. Anatawa? Hajimemashite! :)

Ahh, it's appauling! I've realised i don't know conjunctions e.g. and.. if anyone could help? Hahaaa thank you! :o xx

musashi 04-06-2007 01:51 PM

You can speak Japanese?!?!?!?! That is sooooo cool! um.....Konichiwa! Musashi.....(I can recite song lyrics.....)

Beki 04-06-2007 01:58 PM

i really wouldn't say i could speak Japanese, that's pretty much as far as it goes! :D haahaa! But i am gradually learning bit by bit :)

You recite song lyrics! What songs do you like?

I've recently fallen in love with Utada Hikaru's Passion from Kingdom Hearts, unoriginal i know, but i can recite about half the song! :D It took me alot of practice so i was proud for learning that much!!

This is going to sound silly, but what does Musashi mean? I searched it on google and it came up with warrior i think? xx

musashi 04-06-2007 02:04 PM

Yeah, when i first heard Musashi, it turns out to be my name in Japanese....but it could be a boy or girl's name....I'm a girl.....but yeah, then they came out with that game and now a couple think i am just obsessed with the game which is sooooo not true....I haven't even played it yet.....lol...... I like the theme song to paradise kiss, I love ALL the KH songs, including Passion....(I have it completely memorized...lol....*brags*) I have most of the Inu-yasha songs memorized too....I can read japanese, becausee i figured out how everything is pronounced, but, I couldn't tell you what half the stuff I say means....lol....I know "shinjite" means believe......i think...lol

Beki 04-06-2007 02:10 PM

ooh i like it! Musashi.. it has a nice ring to it! I'd like to find out my name in Japanese, i actually spell it Becky, but i was told by someone that the Japanese spell it Beki, so thought it'd be more appropriate here :)

Wow! That's impressive! Memorising all those songs! Passion took me long enough just to memorise half of it! You'd probably be naturally really good at Japanese if you were ever to learn it properly!

musashi 04-06-2007 02:26 PM

The Toms River schools teach it, but since i don't go there, I can't take it....*cries* But yeah, I'll see if I can find out your name....brb!

musashi 04-06-2007 02:37 PM

ok....it's BEKKII pronounced bek-kee-ee

Beki 04-06-2007 02:41 PM

aww wow thank you for doing that for me! :D

i've always wanted to know what it was, you're very kind :)

arghh no! i'm wishing my user name was different now haahaa

thank you again :) xx

musashi 04-06-2007 02:44 PM

No problem! I love helping people! Have you ever seen or read Paradise Kiss? It is really good!

Beki 04-06-2007 02:53 PM

i must admit, i've never even heard of it :o whats it about?