JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
GilnoKoibito (Offline)
New to JF

Can someone help me translate this into Japanese? - 01-23-2011, 10:06 PM

I have tried several online translators but I'm not sure I trust them, so can someone translate this please? I would like it in romaji if you don't mind, but I don't mind if you put it in kana either! It's for a story I'm working on.

Yami, I…I wanted to tell you that I…I think I like you!
No, I-I do like you!
Erm… love you actually…I-I do love you!
I really…really do!
For…a long time now actually.
You are always there for me, always helping me out, always comforting and protecting me.
You’ve always been so kind to me.
I know it’s…your job and all but…well…I still…I still love you!
And I…I wanted to honestly know how you felt…about me.
I-I don’t want any lies!
Just the honest truth!
No matter…no matter what it may be.
I- I just want to truly know how you feel!
Please answer me!
And…regardless of your answer please don’t start acting differently towards me!
I-I like the way we are now!
And I don’t want that ever to change!
But, please, just be honest with me!
Because I love you,
The Princess
(#2 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-23-2011, 10:21 PM

General rules around here you might not be aware of,
give it an attempt of your own first using online tools, dictionaries, guesswork and such, then post here for us to correct it.
Even if you don't get very far, showing you tried goes a long way.
Also post it in the general translation/questions mega stickies thread for a faster, better response.

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
GilnoKoibito (Offline)
New to JF

01-23-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa View Post
General rules around here you might not be aware of,
give it an attempt of your own first using online tools, dictionaries, guesswork and such, then post here for us to correct it.
Even if you don't get very far, showing you tried goes a long way.
Also post it in the general translation/questions mega stickies thread for a faster, better response.
Ok...but I have like 4 different translations! One from a downloaded translation program and about 3 from online translators, both in romaji and kana! I saved all of them to Word but its...kinda a lot to post! And...they're all different with only slight similarities! I don't want to post ALL of it! Plus, I don't want someone to read and go "that's close enough" I want it to be as correct as I can get it!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-24-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilnoKoibito View Post
Ok...but I have like 4 different translations! One from a downloaded translation program and about 3 from online translators, both in romaji and kana! I saved all of them to Word but its...kinda a lot to post! And...they're all different with only slight similarities! I don't want to post ALL of it! Plus, I don't want someone to read and go "that's close enough" I want it to be as correct as I can get it!
There may be many answers to any of these, and deciding of they are correct or not may depend on context.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-24-2011, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilnoKoibito View Post
There is a good chance none from a translation program or online will be very correct for something this length.

I get the feeling Japan Forum is more a place for people who want to learn, than just free translation services, this is why we ask people to try. I guess, well to me anyway, automated translations don't count much as trying, but if you have gone to a lot of effort to download a prog and use 3 different ones then I guess it does show you have put effort in the only way you know how .

Anyway try in the other thread I mentioned, I don't trust my own Japanese enough to do it from scratch for you.
It is worth knowing in future though that if you want accurate sentences it is not going to happen from a automated program because language just doesn't work that way. If you don't have the time/interest to learn or start learning the language for something then you'll have to find someone willing to do translation stuff for free. We are all a bit grumpy here and don't like doing that so much

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
GilnoKoibito (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa View Post
There is a good chance none from a translation program or online will be very correct for something this length.

I get the feeling Japan Forum is more a place for people who want to learn, than just free translation services, this is why we ask people to try. I guess, well to me anyway, automated translations don't count much as trying, but if you have gone to a lot of effort to download a prog and use 3 different ones then I guess it does show you have put effort in the only way you know how .

Anyway try in the other thread I mentioned, I don't trust my own Japanese enough to do it from scratch for you.
It is worth knowing in future though that if you want accurate sentences it is not going to happen from a automated program because language just doesn't work that way. If you don't have the time/interest to learn or start learning the language for something then you'll have to find someone willing to do translation stuff for free. We are all a bit grumpy here and don't like doing that so much
I do know some Japanese actually, just not how to put together sentences very well! I just know words mostly...but that don't really help so much. I knew in that letter I wrote that I wanted to use something like "Yami...suki da yo...iie aishiteru yo." But that's about it. I'm no good at things like sentence order or particles or anything! I had a Japanese coursebook but it was no help at all...so now I have two dictionaries and a computer dictionary, but it still don't help with sentences very much! For something like one or two sentences I'll normally trust things like Google....to a fault anyway. But for something this long that I want to be accurate I don't really trust any of them! And the thread you mentioned, exactly where is it? I couldn't find it...I'm not too good at forums...I normally just read whatever I find interesting on them and hardly ever post anything at all! I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars to get it as correct as possible if I had the money but until my financial aid comes in next month I'm pretty much broke!