JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ZenOfAnger (Offline)
New to JF

Any Recommendations for Computer Software That Teaches Japanese? - 02-08-2011, 06:43 AM

Hello.

I am wondering if someone could recommend a Japanese learning software for my computer that they have used and have had success with. I saw a thread here that listed some websites that help which I will check out, but I am interested in an actual program that you could find in a store.

I am looking at taking a community college class in basic Japanese fairly soon, and wanted to get a head start on grasping the language. Of course I will make sure to ask whoever teaches the class for their recommendations as well.

I am a complete beginner to Japanese, so any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I just hope I won't become too overwhelmed from the start!

Sincerely,

ZoA.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ZenOfAnger (Offline)
New to JF

02-11-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seifip View Post
You can find some cool Japanese learning software at NihongoUp... The first app is a game and the second is a kind of a widget that pops up a question every once in a while for you to keep studying even when you're busy working on something else. Both are meant to be used in order to review what you've already learned using the online NihongoUp lessons or at school. If you are a complete beginner, Human Japanese is also a very nice desktop app with some lessons and cultural notes.
Thank you very much for the info. I will be sure to check out NihongoUp and Human Japanese very soon.