JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   what is the best way to learn japanese? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/36085-what-best-way-learn-japanese.html)

angelmod 02-12-2011 06:36 PM

what is the best way to learn japanese?

ive triyed so many years to learn japanese alone without help, nearly every night getting with an mp3 player in my ears listening to japanese lessons (pimsleur)...but it doesnt work:confused: i cant hold anything of it in my brain.
i cant find a native speaker for conversations.
watching japanese movies?...most of time they use a slang.

really...dont know what doing:( im disapointed of my self.

RobinMask 02-12-2011 06:40 PM

This has been asked so many times I\'m rather reluctant to answer again . . .

If you click \'search\' at the top, or go through the language sections of the site, you\'ll find a lot of various threads that discuss this, all discussing the pros and cons to various methods and what ways there are to learn a language. The link below is what one kind poster put onto the language section of the site a while back, it\'s a comprehensive list of all the sites other posters gave within a particular thread that help people to learn Japanese:

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japa...ources-18.html

angelmod 02-12-2011 06:49 PM

ok thanx...but my problem is, how can i keep it in my head:rolleyes:

KyleGoetz 02-12-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelmod (Post 850765)
ok thanx...but my problem is, how can i keep it in my head:rolleyes:

You should just use the search function here. This has been asked a billion times.

Short answer: you hold it in your head the way you hold any other subject in your head. Ask yourself how you learned any subject in school, and do the same thing with Japanese.

Why people think learning a language is any different from learning another subject I'll never know. Did you learn algebra by listening to lectures while falling asleep, or did you learn it by doing algebra homework?

angelmod 02-12-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleGoetz (Post 850766)
You should just use the search function here. This has been asked a billion times.

Short answer: you hold it in your head the way you hold any other subject in your head. Ask yourself how you learned any subject in school, and do the same thing with Japanese.

Why people think learning a language is any different from learning another subject I'll never know. Did you learn algebra by listening to lectures while falling asleep, or did you learn it by doing algebra homework?

what i would say is...im speaking about 6 languages and it wasnt so hard like to learn this japanese.

JohnBraden 02-12-2011 07:24 PM

Comment deleted by user

KyleGoetz 02-12-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelmod (Post 850767)
what i would say is...im speaking about 6 languages and it wasnt so hard like to learn this japanese.

I'm guessing the six languages were something like German, English, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian. I notice that every single one is from the same language family. And you could go to any major city in Germany and encounter all six. And you probably learned at least English in school, if not Spanish/French/Italian/Dutch as well.

Structured learning + language similar to your native language = easy

I studied Spanish for three years as a child, and I can to this day pick up a high level technical writing in Spanish and read it very easily. I cannot do this with Japanese despite having lived over there and studied for 4 years in college + tried harder + studied on my own for 4 years after college.

KyleGoetz 02-12-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBraden (Post 850771)
Looks like you haven't mastered English yet....

Dude, piss off. OP is German and I doubt you speak any second language nearly as good as he writes English.

JohnBraden 02-12-2011 09:10 PM

comment deleted by user

StonerPenguin 02-12-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBraden (Post 850787)
I lived 21 years in Madrid and learned Spanish before I spoke English. I speak perfect Spanish with a Castilian accent, and, while I didn't go to school for Spanish, I bet I can write, speak and read Spanish better than you'll ever do in Japanese....

All aboard the immature train~ Choo-choo!!