JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Demitrichan (Offline)
True Collector

Send a message via MSN to Demitrichan Send a message via Yahoo to Demitrichan
Lightbulb Particle - 02-21-2011, 02:30 AM

I have a lot of trouble with Japanese sentence particles and could really use some help.

*LUCKY STAR!*

(#2 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

02-21-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demitrichan View Post
I have a lot of trouble with Japanese sentence particles and could really use some help.
For an extremely broad question, I give an extremely broad answer:

A Dictionary of Japanese Particles
How to Tell the Difference Between Japanese Particles

Buy them. Read them.

Another note:

Study wa, ga, ni, wo, he, de, ka, yo. Tell us what you're having problems with.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-21-2011, 04:42 AM

Ask specific questions and you will get specific answers.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-21-2011, 05:43 AM

I'll give another broad answer.

If you are at a little bit above a basic level of Japanese or beyond, then I suggest watching a lot of TV programs that have natural conversation in them. Better still, listen to actual Japanese conversations, if you have the means of course. That worked better for me than studying from a lot of books.

My suggestion is this- rather than looking up and remembering rules from a book, spend time listening to natural use which will allow you to come up with your own kinds of rules. These aren't the kinds of rules that you can explain-- it's one of those things where you say "just 'cause". From there you can study from books to solidify your intuition. I spent years trying to learn from books without any great or even decent results. I'm sure having a background of reading those kinds of books helped with my listening though. Once I started taking listening seriously I picked up simple conversational Japanese in about half a year.

That's not to say Kyle's suggestion is a bad one by any means however. In fact, his suggestion might work better for you than mine. It depends on what kind of learner you are- which is the most important part of this whole thing.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Demitrichan (Offline)
True Collector

Send a message via MSN to Demitrichan Send a message via Yahoo to Demitrichan
02-21-2011, 09:11 AM

I wanted the broad answers, Sometimes you gets some answers that help you out more than others.

*LUCKY STAR!*

(#6 (permalink))
Old
persephonequinn (Offline)
New to JF

02-25-2011, 06:56 AM

Hi, I'm totally new to this forum, and because I been learning Japanese by myself for almost 2 years using Minna no nihongo, so i decided to join a forum now.

I been having problems with particles too, but I know a site that give very good explanation, until I finally understand the particles + all the v-te form, v-ta form and etc, if you don't mind I can send u a pm of the link.

p.s: because all I did is self study, so hopefully the site will help u too.. because is very easy to understand it.

Learning Japanese need disciplines..
http://nihongobenkyoushimasu.blogspot.com/ is where I put all my Minna no Nihongo Renshuu B answer there. Won't be 100% correct nor 100% wrong.

I learning Languages n Nihongo is one of them