Japanese Characters on Pictures? - 03-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi I have some pictures that contain some Japanese gaming titles I think. I was going to try to upload the pictures to display the content and see if anyone out there knew what the writing meant in English.
I was given an idea to perhaps hook up a Japanese keyboard that I have I think from an older Japanese computer but I'm not sure if the input connection is suitable for a modern PC. It could be a PS2 connection and even if it was, they're kind of phasing out a bit in terms of more modern USB and wireless connections. I realise there are PS2 to USB adapters out there but I guess they maybe going out a bit as well. I also read on here I think about changing the language regions so to get Japanese text that way.
However this process could not only be too long and time consuming but also unsuccessful and with some mistakes. I mean no offense but Japanese text characters at least to me seem quite complicate and some seem to look similar. Again that's just me. It'd be nice to know Japanese as well as some Chinese but from that I suspect both Chinese text and especially spoken word can be very complicated and very easy to give the wrong meaning of what you are trying to say. I also actually had the idea of going to the local college and seeing if any Japanese students there may have been able to perhaps help me out.
Anyway I'll see if I can upload these pictures with the Japanese text. If anyone could help me with this or point me in the right direction I really would genuinely appreciate any help and assistance with this. I also hope I posted in the right section.
I realise I maybe jumping the gun here but if this isn't too much trouble I have a few more pics of more titles like the pics I've posted.
Thank you for your time.
03-08-2011, 07:11 PM
This game reminds me of the good old days.....
Is it for PC9801?x68000?
狂った果実 Crazed Fruit
沈黙の艦隊 The Silent Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ブルトン･レイ Bretonne Lays :Folk tale of Brittany
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal：English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
03-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi thanks for your reply. It's very much appreciated. They're for X68000 and the Takeru versions. Thanks for your help. Is there anyway of finding out what the others are?
10-25-2011, 07:38 PM
2. Beautiful life: because of all of you
3. Moonlight something
5. super grand strategy 68K
6. Dash the Bastard
8. Gemini wing
9. Chinese Daisen
1. Campaign edition: grand strategy
2. The three kingdom saga III
4. Kyoko-san's pitiable story
5. Alice et al.'s afternoon vol. 1
6. Sweet Emotion
7. Far-off Augusta (this is a golfing sim)
8. Illumina, I guess...it starts off the same as "Illuminati" but doesn't have the "ti" in it
10-25-2011, 08:56 PM
1. Nobunaga's Ambition is the English name.
3. Moonlight Chan Rin Shan The only links I could post lead to downloads, probably not a good idea.
4. I'm looking at a list of over 3k x68k games and cannot find eheherie-ru. Given the other games in your picture, I suspect it's "Ehehe! Rie-ru" where Rie-ru is a name. Rielle, Lielle? (Again, I hate mysteries)
7. Can Can Bunny Première (with a french pronunciation)
Can Can Bunny Premiere [きゃんきゃんバニー プルミエール] Game Sample - Sega Saturn - YouTube (This is a remake)
Shame on you!
8. Yes, Illumina.
2. Romance of the Three Kingdoms is the English name.
If these things have any value at all (and they usually don't), then the interesting ones are Nobunaga's Ambition, Gemini Wing, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms.