JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KingofS (Offline)
New to JF

Translation Help :) - 07-27-2011, 08:16 AM

Okay, so (I'm not very good at Japanese) I am wondering if any of you can correct my poor translating skills and have help writing a good reply to it...

Anyway, so, I had an anime video on my Youtube Chanel, and I got a comment from a user in Japan.
He/she said "続きが見たいので、お願いいたします。". Now, I get the overal meaning, but I don't understand some of the Kanji. (I've only learnt Katakana and Hiragana. (Oh, and of course the Romaji form). Anyway, can someone translate it better than I have?

Also, I would wish to comment back, but I'm worried that I might use the wrong words because of the way he/she set out the sentence... So, I'm thinking of thanking him/her, (I can do that myself), but I'm wondering if any of you could write out an appropriate sentence which is kind of like this:

"Thanks for watching! Enjoy future videos." (Or something like that)

Thanks

Last edited by KingofS : 07-28-2011 at 08:00 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

07-27-2011, 01:36 PM

He said "I want to see a continuation, so please [make more, is the implication]." つづきがみたいので、おねがいいたします is the full kana reading. Further, if you're using Firefox or Chrome, there's an add-on (rikai-chan and rikai-kun, respectively) that will enable you to see kana for any kanji. Also, there's a website, rikai.net, that will allow you to copy-paste Japanese with kanji and it will give you the kana for the entire thing (along with definitions of words).

2. It's written ローマ字. There's no "N" anywhere in that word! ro[o]maji. Not "romanji" (wasn't that a book about a board game?).

3. Why don't you try first, and then we will help correct it. That's typically how things work around here (without practice you won't get better, is the general thinking).
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KingofS (Offline)
New to JF

07-28-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
3. Why don't you try first, and then we will help correct it. That's typically how things work around here (without practice you won't get better, is the general thinking).
Uh oh... here I go with my terrible Japanese

コメントをありがとう! ビデオ未来エンジョイ!
Little notes: I had to find the Kanji for "future". I don't think I've done it correctly... I have no familiarity to the words I used in the sentence. (Dictionary, haha).

So, please correct me if I am wrong
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

07-28-2011, 03:16 PM

The first part is grammatically fine, except if you wanted to match politeness levels with the commenter a little more closely, you might add a ございました after ありがとう. But it's still fine without it. People talk like that all the time in Japan.

As for the second part, it sounds like a very American thing to my ears because of エンジョイ in katakana. If you wanted to make it more Japanese and correct, try something like つぎのビデオを楽しんでください (Please enjoy my next video[s]) or something like that. 楽しむ(たのしむ)= "to enjoy."

Or perhaps "I want you to look forward to my future videos," 将来のビデオを楽しみにしてほしいです。 I'm not sure if that sounds presumptive, though. I hope someone more skilled than I can shed some light onto this.