JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Thessui (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation Can you help translate my letter to a mangaka please? - 07-31-2011, 01:05 PM

I want to write fanmail to this Mangaka (Manga Artist/Writer) but I don't want to let her have a hard time reading english..
------

Dear Nao Tsukiji,
I really love your manga "Adekan"! I have volumes 1 & 2 and I really look forward to buying the rest!
I just read volume 2 yesterday and I couldn't put it down!!! The 5th story (the copper demon) really made me laugh. Looks like I'm not the only one with Muscle obsession (lol komaki-chan XD)!!

It's nice to see Anri in the chapters <3 I was really looking forward to reading more about him. His story along with Shiro's is really mysterious... Will I be able to see more of the two in the 3rd volume?! 8D

Anyways, thank you for making such a wonderful manga ;U; <3 I enjoyed every chapter and all the unique characters (and not to mention your amazing art and beautiful stories <3!!) I was feeling kind of down-in-the-dumps yesterday but reading your work again made me feel very happy <3! Keep on writing <3!

-from Terry
P.S. This is a random question but:
Who inspired you to do art? If you hadn't known that person, do you think you'd be involved in art at all?

----

Btw what's "Fanmail" in japanese?XD Cuz when i send it to her, the subject would be "fanmail" (in japanese)

Thanks in advance <3!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-31-2011, 06:04 PM

If you don't speak Japanese, and this manga is not published in English, how did you read it?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Thessui (Offline)
New to JF

08-01-2011, 09:52 AM

I read an english version of it
(#4 (permalink))
Old
DaisukeKigurou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-01-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If you don't speak Japanese, and this manga is not published in English, how did you read it?
.... How do I say this, there's these guys called scanlators who take pages from books from Japan and scan them on their computer. After doing so, they translate the text and edit the original text with the translated text.

With that out of the way, they put these translated chapters on a website that allows people to read these translated chapters of the novel.

( The guy is using a manga archiving/ manga aggregating website to read the novel. That his how this person is able to read the manga.)

~苦痛は中心、それはある から来る; 憎む人によって引き起こされる。~

Last edited by DaisukeKigurou : 08-01-2011 at 04:48 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-01-2011, 04:59 PM

People here won't translate it unless you give it a shot first. Show some effort and they'll reward you. Then again, what happens if, and if is iffy, the magaka sends you a letter thanking her? I guess you'd like to have that translated as well, right?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukeKigurou View Post
.... How do I say this, there's these guys called scanlators who take pages from books from Japan and scan them on their computer. After doing so, they translate the text and edit the original text with the translated text.

With that out of the way, they put these translated chapters on a website that allows people to read these translated chapters of the novel.

( The guy is using a manga archiving/ manga aggregating website to read the novel. That his how this person is able to read the manga.)
No kidding, really? How excited will this manga-ka be to hear from a fan that stole his work?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-02-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
No kidding, really? How excited will this manga-ka be to hear from a fan that stole his work?
I'm sure they'll be just thrilled to know that someone out there is not only supporting the piracy of their work, but is helping to destroy the industry which could help their work be licensed and sold to more honest fans.

But I guess as long as you get your manga fix, it doesn't matter what happens to the artists, right?

Oh, and to DaisukeKigurou... As it seems to have flown over your head, that was the whole point. MMM knows exactly how they were able to read it... And unfortunately, how unlikely they are to have thought about the fact that their beloved mangaka there might not be jumping with joy to get a fan letter from someone who pirated their work instead of actually buying it or supporting the industry that would allow them to buy it in English.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.