JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Sumippi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-09-2011, 07:31 AM

Oh sorry I'm not familiar with things online...maybe Kyle-sansei can help, no?

(excuse me. post duplicated.)

Last edited by Sumippi : 10-09-2011 at 07:34 AM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Nebelherz (Offline)
JF Regular

10-09-2011, 07:45 AM

Thanks for your help.

Upps, in 8. it should be ashita. ( I did write it right in my book, but not here... ^^;
(#13 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

10-09-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebelherz View Post
Lesson 7, 5.
8. 今日朝早く起きます。(Is there an particle after 今日 and/or 朝?)
11. 先生は黒板に字を太く書きます。 (I`m not sure if it`s 黒板に or 黒板で)
14. 毎週土曜日洋服をきれいに洗います。 (Particle after 毎週?)

I have often trouble with words like maishuu, kyou, asa, doyoubi and so on, if there`s a particle or not. Does anyone may know some site/book, where I can practice, when there`s a particle or not?
The general rule of thumb is that a specific point in time takes に, and a general time does not. But really, why don't you go to www.alc.co.jp and search for a time phrase like 今日 and see all the sample sentences (there are nearly 2000).

8. 今日に朝に is wrong. It sounds awful because of the repeated に. You have many better options: 今日は朝, 今日の朝, or just plain 今朝 ("this morning"). Then に is optional after 朝. I've seen it both ways. But 今朝 does not take に. I looked on the website, and of the many examples using 今朝, there were only three that used 今朝に, and each one of those was 今朝になる, which uses に because of the verb, not because of 今朝. In any case, the sentence is a bit weird. Who is saying it, and when? "Today in the morning I will wake up early." Is it 3am before he goes to bed, and he's waking up in three hours?

Edit I see you said it should have been 明日, not 今日. That doesn't change my analysis except for the 今朝 suggestion. If it makes you feel any better, I used 朝に all the time in Japan and was always understood. That's a low bar for correctness I'm setting for you, I know.

11. 黒板に. With で it sounds like the professor is standing on the blackboard. “黒板”の検索結果(49 件):英辞郎 on the WEB:スペースアルク

14. No. Consider “毎週に”の検索結果(0 件):英辞郎 on the WEB:スペースアルク vs “毎週”の検索結果(273 件):英辞郎 on the WEB:スペースアルク

This is a weakness of mine, too. The good news is that you won't be misunderstood if you get it wrong. You might sound weird, but it won't make your sentence unintelligible.

Last edited by KyleGoetz : 10-09-2011 at 02:18 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Sumippi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-09-2011, 03:42 PM

>8. 明日朝早く起きます。

明日は、朝早く起きます。asu wa, asa hayaku okimasu./ashita wa, asa hayaku okimasu.

or

明日の朝は、早く起きます。ashita no asa wa, hayaku okimasu./asu no asa wa, hayaku okimasu.

I think both are correct.