JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Rotary (Offline)
New to JF

Translation help needed - 11-19-2011, 08:49 PM

Hello!

Recently, me and some friends were featured in a Japanese magazine about Radio Controlled cars. However, nobody of us can read Japanese. I tried finding the right characters and putting them in Google translate, but that didn't work :P

This is the article: http://i44.tinypic.com/16j1tg7.jpg (large picture, so i made a link)

I am especially interested in this part below and the big headline in the link above.

I already found out the first word of this part is "Audi", which is the brand of the car you see.

It would be great if someone could translate this for me!

Thanks in advance.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

11-20-2011, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary View Post
Hello!

Recently, me and some friends were featured in a Japanese magazine about Radio Controlled cars. However, nobody of us can read Japanese. I tried finding the right characters and putting them in Google translate, but that didn't work :P

This is the article: http://i44.tinypic.com/16j1tg7.jpg (large picture, so i made a link)

I am especially interested in this part below and the big headline in the link above.

I already found out the first word of this part is "Audi", which is the brand of the car you see.

It would be great if someone could translate this for me!

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for killing my eyes!

Headline says:

"Drivers and engines commonly installed! R-C drifting way more sickening in Europe than in Japan!"

Part about the Audi says:

"The wagon-type Audi's manufacturer is unknown but it looks cool as it has cameras installed front and back of the roof and also on the side window. The single wiper makes it look like it is determined to win."

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Rotary (Offline)
New to JF

11-20-2011, 10:45 AM

Awesome, thanks!

Sorry about your eyes, couldn't find a bigger version
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

11-21-2011, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
"Drivers and engines commonly installed! R-C drifting way more sickening in Europe than in Japan!"
Haha, is that the sense やりすぎ brings? And, fwiw, in the US, we might just say "sick" instead of "sickening."

"That was a SICK flip, bro!" This slang is currently pretty popular. Before it, there were phrases like off the chain, dope, off the hook, etc.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

11-21-2011, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
Haha, is that the sense やりすぎ brings? And, fwiw, in the US, we might just say "sick" instead of "sickening."

"That was a SICK flip, bro!" This slang is currently pretty popular. Before it, there were phrases like off the chain, dope, off the hook, etc.
Yeah, やりすぎ there means "being too much (in a good way)" and I did feel strange when I said "sickening", too. Hope OP didn't think the magazine thought of the European trend negatively. It is definitely a compliment.

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Rotary (Offline)
New to JF

11-21-2011, 10:07 AM

Yeh i got that :P