LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

11-24-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tural View Post
Hi people, i've started to lern japan language , so i need help from you. I wont to know how i can write kanji myself, i mean have there any rules ,which by them you can understand how makeing kanji?
Yes they do. One of them is proper stroke order. Another is that some characters may look different in handwritten form. I suggest you read my articles on that.

Importance of the stroke order in writing Chinese characters. | Beyond Calligraphy

Hand-written Chinese characters vs. computer font. | Beyond Calligraphy

Lastly there is a structure, balance, etc. issues, but that comes with time.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-24-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackcb91 View Post
I have a Japanese friend who is very close to me and I want to show her how much she means to me. I am working with a designer to create a poster with both our names written in Kanji
Quote:
I am not on good terms with her at the moment and she doesn't want to talk to me so finding that information is impossible.
Is it prudent to create such a poster? If you're not on speaking terms, you think making a poster with both your names is going to bring her closer to you? It sounds a bit creepy and too involved. I'm not judging here, just seeing this from outside the box, and perhaps with much fewer details than required. It's just that I've seen things like this happen in the past and most haven't ended up well....
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tural (Offline)
New to JF

11-26-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
Yes they do. One of them is proper stroke order. Another is that some characters may look different in handwritten form. I suggest you read my articles on that.

Importance of the stroke order in writing Chinese characters. | Beyond Calligraphy

Hand-written Chinese characters vs. computer font. | Beyond Calligraphy

Lastly there is a structure, balance, etc. issues, but that comes with time.

Thanks for reply, i want to know that , for example i do not want to learn all kanji couse of their difficultness, so i want to learn only hiraganas or kataganas and by them write kanji.s,.
is that possible?=)
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

11-26-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tural View Post
Thanks for reply, i want to know that , for example i do not want to learn all kanji couse of their difficultness, so i want to learn only hiraganas or kataganas and by them write kanji.s,.
is that possible?=)
Both hiragana and katakana are BASED on kanji, in this way or another, and not the other way around. So the answer to your question is - no. You have to learn all 37 strokes of regular script, or at least the 8 strokes of the character 永.

Last edited by ryuurui : 11-26-2011 at 09:29 AM.