おはよお わたしの なまえは リチャード です。
わたしは がくせいのにほんご です。 
わたしは にねんせい です。 
せんもんは バラアデカステンゴ です。
わたしは にじゅうきゅうさい です。 
わたしは まいにち テレビ を みます。
わたしは ねこ が います。
わたしは あさごはん を たべません。

Hi I am a second year student at the University of Nebraska. I just completed my first semester of study of Japanese at my school. My major is Broadcasting. Mostly I am looking for a place where I can openly post in Japanese and develop my language skills. If anyone here wants to read that above intro and tell me if I did anything wrong I would most greatly appreciate it. I have not learned much Kanji yet only Hiragana, Romaji (which I hate) and Katakana, which I struggle with still.

Right now I am still a beginner but I have completed my first semester and although I did pass the class I felt like I am missing something in the grammar department. I am trying to focus on building my vocabulary but I have little to go on as of right now.

The book we use is Genki by the Japan Times. I have the first book and the two cd' that go with it and the work book. I also use their website sometimes and this website called Yes Japan which I use to mostly review the katakana which I still struggle with. I have pretty much gotten my hiragana down for the most part I still struggle with some of the ones with " marks like the two rows that change into similar sounds I get those mixed up.

I have learned numbers, telephone numbers, time, how to count, expressing ones age, and how much something costs. We only learned 15 Kanji our fist semester, we sort of fell behind but I did manage to learn eight of those the rest I am still struggling with.

Anyways that is all about me, I am planning on going to Japan for study abroad but that is over a year away so I am excited but that is far enough off that I won't worry about it now. I am hoping this is a friendly place to help me learn Japanese and I am interested in all aspects of the culture so I will likely be stopping by a lot to get in on other discussions too but I mostly am interested at least now in developing my use of the language.