JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Lacey (Offline)
New to JF

日本語の言葉の大学 - 05-12-2007, 05:44 AM

Hello everyone,

I have been studying Japanese now for a fair amount of time and soon I wish to go to Japan to study the language in a language school with the dreams of at least being able to pass the JLPT 2 Ku. As of late I have been picking the brains of many a student on their opinions on which language school they recommend. In my ventures I have run across this site and see there are many knowledgable members here. So, if it is not a bother, may I ask: Has anyone here been to a language school in Japan and if you have, would you recommend it? Has anyone heard of a good language school or a school to avoid? Sometimes, even rumors can be helpful. Also, does anyone have any ideas of scholarships?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, I am new here, but I tried to review the previous posts well.
Thank you in advance for any comment and for your time!
Also, I too have gathered information from other places and if you have any questions, I may be able to answer them by means of a second hand account.

どうもありがとうございます。
(#2 (permalink))
Old
enyafriend (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-12-2007, 07:00 AM

If you're talking about going over to Japan to study at a language school, then, well done to you! You're one step closer to gaining fluency in the language and all things japanese.

Basically, most language schools provide a 2 year Japanese language program. Some may even have 1 year program. If it is the earlier, it is aimed at students who wants to enter japanese university after completion of their course. The end part of this course would include subjects like science, maths and/or history. At the end of this 2 year program, most would be good enough to be considered a Level 1 or at least a level 2 standard.

If it is the 1 year program, it is basically for people who are interested in the language and wants to to able to at least hold a general conversation either business related or for personal interest.

There are 2 schools that I would like to recommend here. One is in Sendagaya, Tokyo and is called Kawaijuku International Language School. The other is, Asia Bunka Kaikan (I forgot whereabout but somewhere in Tokyo). This is mainly populated by students from asian countries.

I don't know of any scholarship programs available for language students in Japan. But if it is in university, then there are plenty for students who excel in their studies. However, if you are able to apply for one from the country that you are in, either through some form of cultural exchange or goverment scholarships, then there might be a chance to get it. But, slim chance.

Well, I hope that helps. Good luck to you.

Hokkaido e ikitai........
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Debezo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-12-2007, 02:19 PM

There is a scholarship database.
JAPAN STUDY SUPPORT

Japanese language school Database
Information about more than 400 JLS in Japan is available!

Japan Student Services Organization
Information on Study in Japan and information of Japanese Language Education Centers.
Study in Japan-JASSO

I hope these help you.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Lacey (Offline)
New to JF

どうも! - 05-12-2007, 03:53 PM

Thank you so much for you responses. Every word helps.