JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Mordor (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation Question about a problematic and offensive expression [Caution!] - 10-03-2014, 07:27 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry that I'm writing an entry about an offensive word. I feel bad already. But I'd like to know this for investigative or explainatory reasons. (I will explain the reason for asking this below.)

I've had a discussion with a friend and he ended up calling some women
肉便器. As I'm not a native speaker I don't know the intensity of this insult.
But he basically condemned them for having liberal sex.
He takes a lot of pride in his own sexual liberty though so I asked him how'd he feel if someone called him a "manwhore" or "manslut".
But I could only ask this in English because I didn't know to express this term in Japanese.

I would like to know if there is a Japanese equivalent to the expression "manslut" (or "manwhore").
If there is a way to express this in a more neutral manner I'm very interested in hearing that, too, because I think discussing this without insulting someone is the best way.

I'm only interested in the offensive version of this term to show my friend the impact of what he actually said.
It's not my aim to hurt him. I just think he has a very biased and unfair opinion and I'd like to point that out.

The Japanese terms I know mostly include direct references to females, though, so they can obviously not be used for males.

Sorry for asking something offensive and I apologise if I made a reader feel uncomfortable.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
10-04-2014, 07:27 AM

It is very very shameful to use the word "肉便器". I have never heard the word in the verbal communication.

If anyone of my friends use the word in the conversation with me, I will change the behavior with him because it is also insulting myself to expect I would understand the word as a matter of course.

I mean we have no Japanese words which are sexually insulting males comparable with the quoted word.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.

Last edited by RadioKid : 10-04-2014 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Added last line
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Mordor (Offline)
New to JF

10-04-2014, 11:18 AM

Hello RadioKid,

thank you very much for your reply! I didn't know how shameful this word is so I'm very sorry for posting it here! I'm even more disappointed now that my friend used this expression...

Also, thank you for answering my second question! I will try to explain it to him differently then.

Sorry again for bringing up such a topic.