JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
COnfidential (Offline)
Follow Your Bliss

New Intensive Japanese - 06-08-2007, 03:12 PM

I'm borrowing this book from the local library called New Intensive Japanese and it says under
(Revised and enlarged)
Kenji Ogawa
The Hokuseido Press
You guys think this book will help me whit my japanese? Its kinda old but.. still, or should I keep looking, I didnt find any other books.. well i did they were 2 books like part one and part 2 but they stood in all Kana so I could just understand every other letter, so that didnt make any sense..

I found a picture of the book and an explanation of the book on this page along many other japanese related litterature and so:
Google Bilder-resultat for http://www.trussel.com/jap/images/ogawa01.jpg

Pretty long link, I know.

Here is what it says about the book: This book, which has evolved from my experience of teaching Japanese to English-speaking students, is intended for both those who desire to learn basic Japanese and those who wish to pursue the study of the language at a more advanced level.
The first part of the book, printed in the conventional Western style, consists of a series of brief lessons, each containing: (A) vocabulary; (B) selected examples; (C) grammatical analysis; (D) conversational expressions. This section is concluded by a chapter on functional Japanese grammar, which supplements the lessons with a summary of other essential points of grammar.
Part Two, printed in the traditional Japanese manner (that is, starting from the back of the book), introduces the student to more advanced aspects of the language through a number of selected passages, each accompanied by a vocabulary and a section on construction patterns.

Suteki da ne
(#2 (permalink))
Old
COnfidential (Offline)
Follow Your Bliss

06-12-2007, 08:35 PM

Noone?
Disappointed

Suteki da ne
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Beki (Offline)