JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nylo (Offline)
New to JF

Help With Japanese Soldier ID. See.... 2nd Photo - 06-14-2007, 10:18 PM

I’ve come across an Imperial Japanese soldier's ID book (Gunjin techo) and would like to know his name. I also have a helmet (Tetsu-bo,) a letter (from home?) an insurance policy, and a piece of paper I cannot identify.

His name is in the box on the left. I think part of his name is, Obashi.

My goal is to see if all of these items belong to one soldier since I found them all together. If anyone could help, I would be most appreciative.

Thank you,
Nylo

Last edited by Nylo : 06-15-2007 at 07:10 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-15-2007, 05:40 AM

The last name is either Shibasaki or Shibazaki (can be read either way), and the first name is most likely Susumu. (There are countless ways to read it, but the Susumu reading was the most popular between 1900 and 1920, which is when I am guessing he was probably born.)

I would be glad to help you with more, this is all I can tell you from the picture.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nylo (Offline)
New to JF

06-15-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
The last name is either Shibasaki or Shibazaki (can be read either way), and the first name is most likely Susumu. (There are countless ways to read it, but the Susumu reading was the most popular between 1900 and 1920, which is when I am guessing he was probably born.)

I would be glad to help you with more, this is all I can tell you from the picture.
Nyororin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help!

Ive enclosed another scan of an item that I have no clue as to what it is.

All of the item (scans) I will be posting were found in a packet inside a Imperial Japanese helmet in the back of a friends garage. It must have belonged to her Dad who was in WWII.

Thank you,
Nylo

Last edited by Nylo : 06-15-2007 at 07:12 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-15-2007, 07:45 PM

The second bit looks to be a pay envelope for an elementary school teacher.
"9th salary level", apparently - it was issued by a government office ("South Pacific") to a different person than the first bit.
The name on the second picture is last name Oohashi, (perhaps that is where the "Obashi" you mentioned before came from?) first name Takeo.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 06-15-2007 at 07:47 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Nylo (Offline)
New to JF

06-15-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
The second bit looks to be a pay envelope for an elementary school teacher. "9th salary level", apparently - it was issued by a government office ("South Pacific") to a different person than the first bit.
The name on the second picture is last name Oohashi, (perhaps that is where the "Obashi" you mentioned before came from?) first name Takeo.
Interesting. I noticed it was the only item that does not have the "field inspection" stamp.

This next scan I believe is a life insurance document? If its too small I have a much larger scan.