JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   vocab-sentence game (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/5560-vocab-sentence-game.html)

82riceballs 11-18-2007 04:06 PM

放射性物質はウランやプルトニウムを包括します。
houshasei busshitsu wa uran to purutoniumu ya houkatsu shimasu.

Radioactive substances includes uranium, plutonium, etc. (please correct my sentence if it doesn't make sense)

I pass: 池(いけ)pond

EsuEsuJiffy 11-21-2007 11:43 PM

池 (ike = pond)

かれはかれの彼女を持っていって、池に鴨を見ます。
Attempted sentence: He brought along his girlfriend to see the duck's at the pond.

I pass on the word ”苺大福” (ichigodaifuku), meaning "rice cake stuffed with strawberry jam".

82riceballs 11-22-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsuEsuJiffy (Post 303284)
池 (ike = pond)

かれはかれの彼女を持っていって、池に鴨を見ます。
Attempted sentence: He brought along his girlfriend to see the duck's at the pond.

I pass on the word ”苺大福” (ichigodaifuku), meaning "rice cake stuffed with strawberry jam".

i'm not sure, but i think u could omit the second "kare" and the "no"..... i'm not good enough at japanese to know all the rules...
but that was a nice sentence!

苺大福は食べたことがないけど、おいしいものらしい。 ちょう食べたい! I've never eaten ichigodaifuku, but I've heard that it's delicious. I really want to eat it!

i pass: 二度

Shadowulf 11-23-2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsuEsuJiffy (Post 303284)
池 (ike = pond)

かれはかれの彼女を持っていって、池に鴨を見ます。

instead of using 持っていて, you should use つれて行って
you shouldnt use the word "持って" when talking about talking a person
つれる sort of means to lead someone to a place

e.g.駅まで連れて行った- He/She/I took him/her to the station
ここまでつれてきてる- He/She/I is bringing him/her here

anyway
もう二度とそんなこと言わないで
Mou sonna koto iwanai de

(Please) dont say something like that again (a second time)

ill pass 友情(yuujyou)- friendship

82riceballs 11-23-2007 07:55 PM

確かに、物質的なものはお金で買えますね。でもさ、最 重要なこと(例えば、友情や幸福や時間)は絶対お金で 買えません。
tashikani, busshitsuteki na mono wa o-kane de kaemasune. demosa, sai juuyou na koto (tatoeba, yuujou ya koufuku ya jikan) wa zettai o-kane de kaemasen.

It is definitely true that material things can be bought with money. However, the most important things (e.g. friendship, happiness, time, etc) can not possibly be bought with money.

Boy, what a mouthful! That's the longest sentence I've ever written... Hope it makes sense!

I pass: かもしれない

JuSan 11-24-2007 03:47 AM

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I have a suggestion... I love the game but I think you can get more to play if you add an english translation so those who are to that level yet can understand and start learning a little more as we play.

82riceballs 11-24-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuSan (Post 305693)
Not to be a stick in the mud, but I have a suggestion... I love the game but I think you can get more to play if you add an english translation so those who are to that level yet can understand and start learning a little more as we play.

well, we do add eng translations =)... did u read the posts?

JuSan 11-24-2007 08:27 PM

I must of missedd some...And since there isn't one.

I'll pass junigatsu

82riceballs 11-24-2007 08:37 PM

THE ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS ARE THERE!!! I don't mean to be rude, but right now, I'm thinking "where are your eyes"?

proof of eng translations:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 82riceballs
It is definitely true that material things can be bought with money. However, the most important things (e.g. friendship, happiness, time, etc) can not possibly be bought with money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowulf

Quote:

Originally Posted by 82riceballs
I've never eaten ichigodaifuku, but I've heard that it's delicious. I really want to eat it!

and plus, u have to make a sentence out of the word that the previous post passed b4 u can pass a word to the next person, 分かる understand??? In other words, u can't pass a word, since u didn't use the word passed to u (in this case: かもしれない/kamoshirenai)

EsuEsuJiffy 11-25-2007 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowulf (Post 304660)
instead of using 持っていて, you should use つれて行って
you shouldnt use the word "持って" when talking about talking a person
つれる sort of means to lead someone to a place

e.g.駅まで連れて行った- He/She/I took him/her to the station
ここまでつれてきてる- He/She/I is bringing him/her here

anyway
もう二度とそんなこと言わないで
Mou sonna koto iwanai de

ill pass 友情(yuujyou)- friendship

しつれいしました。 I was using my textbook to construct the 'to bring' part and accidently used motteiku/kuru instead of tsureteiku/kuru. Haha. :rolleyes:

つぎに、つかていて”かもしれない”。 In English: Next, the usage of kamoshirenai.

今夜は雨が振ってかもしれない。 In English: It might rain tonight.

I pass on the word "交通事故" (meaning: traffic accident).