LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xxsakuraxx (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to xxsakuraxx
Smile Konnichiwa minasan - 07-06-2007, 12:31 AM

Konnichiwa

Hajimemashite, watashi wa xxsakuraxx desu, dōzo yoroshiku.
watashi wa jus-kyū sai desu (sorry if I get that wrong)

Couldn't resist, sumimasen, I have been learning how to speak Japanese since October 2006.

I'm into everything to do with Japan..rock/pop music, anime/manga and the culture, , by the way I forgot to mention that I have 3 samurai swords, a small hunting knife (use it for opening my mail in the morning) and a kimono .

I was going to a night class learning the language and made wonderful new friends, even some Japanese ones too and they help me a lot to make sure that I'm saying phrases correctly or give me some tips .

I really need help with Hiragana because it's really difficult and I have to ask my Japanese friends to help me .

I enjoy creative writing too as in writing stories, I'm already working one..but still on Chapter 2 and I'm trying to make a website on piczo about the Japanese culture, I'll be grateful if anyone wants to offer any ideas or know useful phrases I could have on my website . Also I have Internet friends in the USA and they like Japanese culture too.

I look forward to hearing from anyone on this forum, I don't mind making new Internet friends .

Sayōnara
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ikkim (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to ikkim
07-06-2007, 01:33 AM

hello to you....
im new here also,
WELCOME to the forum.
count me on,...

LOVE IS ALL THAT MATTERS
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nanuq (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Nanuq Send a message via AIM to Nanuq Send a message via MSN to Nanuq Send a message via Yahoo to Nanuq
07-15-2007, 10:27 PM

いらっしゃいませ!
Welcome!
And have a lot of fun in the Japan-Forum.

You have only to repeat and repeat the letters again and again. And the Kana are really the simple characters in japanese writing. It's really more difficult to learn the many Kanji (I'm really happy that I am not learning chinese ).

ではまたね!
Björn "Nanuq"

* リボーンプリングリングインフェルノ *

--

Please visit also my homepage: http://www.nanuq.de.ki/
(#4 (permalink))
Old
komishika (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to komishika
07-16-2007, 06:17 PM

いらっしゃいます!
[irrasyamasu! - welcome]
私はコミシカです。
[watashi wa komishika desu. - I'm komishika]

I started learning some japanese back in fall of 2005. I took 1 year of class for it and have forgotten a lot, but also learned a lot from japanese music and anime.

My best suggestion to your trouble with hiragana is this (this also applies with pinning down katakana and new kanji as well)
Everyday, for however long you feel that day write them and speak them as you write them. And just keep copying them over and over. Do it for however long period of time that it takes for you to learn and remember them when you see them and need to write them.
Just start with a line either going across with the vowels or same consanent or by vowel.
I need to do this again cause I go in and out of phases where I'm reading a lot of japanese.
I see that you're into manga, if you have the chance to purchase some manga tankouban (the original japanese books) purchase them to read. Most kanji in tankouban have furigana for the kanji, so it will help strengthen your reading and recognition of hiragana and possibly help you learn some kanji as well.

The one thing I always learn new kanji from is songs. I listen to a lot of jrock and jpop and I like to take the lyric booklets and try to read/sing along with the song. And per usual a nice kanji dictionary can help with kanji meanings as well.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
82riceballs (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-20-2007, 09:14 PM

when i learned hiragana (and katakana), i just wrote them over, and over, and over again until my hands started bleeding . after a few weeks of starving myself until i could write them perfectly, i was sent to the emergency room for emotional ecstacy.

obviously (i hope), u noticed that was hyperbolic. but i did write them over and over again. also, i suggest u read more texts and type japanese on the computer. it helps.

"ヒサシブリブリダネ。”
   〜〜〜クレヨンしんちゃん
(#6 (permalink))
Old
xxsakuraxx (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to xxsakuraxx
07-22-2007, 02:26 AM

Thank you for your kind welcomes , I do like the Japan forum because it looks nice and to meet other Internet friends too.

Thank you

xxsakuraxx

I'll be with you in spirit: my Internet sister Miriam

Last edited by xxsakuraxx : 07-22-2007 at 02:27 AM. Reason: missed a word
(#7 (permalink))
Old
atlantisprincess (Offline)
crazysexycool

07-29-2007, 05:48 PM

irasshai mase!
watashi wa atlantisprincess desu, juuyon desu. watashi wa ni sen roku nen juugatsu gurai nihongo o manabimasu. boku to kaku to, pm o kaite mo ii.
(damn i hope that was correct and u could understand me )