JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xXSayaXx (Offline)
ugh...

Send a message via AIM to xXSayaXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXSayaXx
Plz Help Me Learning Japanese - 07-07-2007, 01:47 AM

i need help learning japanese if u can help me plz email me at ILoveArt10@aol.com ok ty
(#2 (permalink))
Old
animedude3 (Offline)
心臓内のキーの嘘

07-07-2007, 07:25 AM

all i know is 1-10. theres the traditional way: ichi, ni, san, shi, go ruku, seechi, hachi, kyu, jyu. but if you are counting in a kinda easygoin way, just take off the i at the end. for example: ich, ni, san, shi, go, ruk, sheech, hatch, kyu, jyu. there's also some websites out there that teach u the basics, but i dont really like those. they dont teach u neerly as well as a teacher. actally, i am looking to learn japanese too. lets both lookout. oh, and bytheway, HI!

... lets just pretend we never met, kay?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

07-07-2007, 06:46 PM

I've read that seven is shichi.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
07-07-2007, 06:55 PM

4 is yon/shi and 7 is nana/shichi 10 is juu

わたしたちは日本語を練習します
watashitachi wa nihongo wo renshuu shimasu.

we can practice japanese.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
animedude3 (Offline)
心臓内のキーの嘘

07-07-2007, 07:10 PM

oh yea, but 4 is only "yon" when you count in groups. u count in groups, instead of 10's. so it would be: ich, ni, san, shi, go, ruk, sich, hach, kyu, jyu, and if you want to go to twentys, you start with 2, so ni, ni, san, shi, go , ruk, sich, hach, kyu, jyu, and then san ni, san, shi (etc), and finnally yan, ni, san, shi, go, ruk, sich, and so on. it sounds really complicated i know, messege me if u dont get it. (i learned all this stuf from karate). i also know some other words, hajame is start, yow may is stop, and a buch of fighting stances u probably dont want to know. anyways, thats all i know, good luck finding more!

... lets just pretend we never met, kay?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

07-07-2007, 07:56 PM

Before you even said the word 'karate' I knew you must have learned counting from a martial arts class . I used to study Kendo for 2 years, and they counted the same way.. however, the way its done in martial arts is not the same way you count normally (especially regarding numbers 20 and above). Don't use that method of counting in regular speech or writing.

The 'standard' way for numbers would be...

1. Ichi
2. Ni
3. San
4. Yon/Shi
5. Go
6. Roku
7. Nana/Shichi
8. Hachi
9. Kyuu
10. Jyuu
11. Jyuu ichi
12. Jyuu ni
13. Jyuu san
...and so on for the teens

20. Ni jyuu
21. Ni jyuu ichi
22. Ni jyuu ni
23. Ni jyuu san
...etc

Quote:
hajame is start, yow may is stop
That's hajime and yame .
(#7 (permalink))
Old
shel601 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to shel601 Send a message via Yahoo to shel601
07-07-2007, 08:16 PM

I would recommend subscribing to the podcast at japanesepod101.com. That's how I'm learning it. The podcast is free but if you want to use the other features on the website you have to pay.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Aiyuuji (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Aiyuuji
07-07-2007, 08:58 PM

A few little tips from sarah

[Kore wa neko desu
This is a cat]

The japanese word for is,am,the is Des[u]
Its always at the end never at the beginning.

The japanese word ''Ka'' Can change a sentance in to a question.

And your main vowels go like this
A - Ahh {fAAAther}
E- A ''hAte''
I - EEE ''fEEEl''
O- Oh ''Oh nO''
U- ooo ''fOOd''

Id be happy to learn you japanese have you got a mic its easy to do conversations that way.
The best way of learning is books books books and tapes they help you with you prounouciation.
some basics above for you ^_^
(#9 (permalink))
Old
mangetsu (Offline)
New to JF

Location: michigan, utterly cold one day, hot the next or in the same day
07-13-2007, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
I've read that seven is shichi.
i thought it was nana or something else

mizu no nagare
(#10 (permalink))
Old
AznFriday (Offline)
The Amazn Azn Sensation!

Send a message via AIM to AznFriday
Exclamation 07-13-2007, 03:22 AM

How about letting me take apart a sentance for you. I'll only use romaji since I'm assuming that you cannot read the kana. Just bear with me.

"Watashi no namae wa Tanaka desu. Dare desu ka?"

Let's start with the first sentance.

"Watashi no namae wa Tanaka desu."

This means "My name is Tanaka."

"Watashi" means I,me,my. (it's only "my" sometimes. Read on to find out when); it's as simple as that!

"No" is a "subverbial particle" or "particle word" (abbreviated with (P) ). A particle word has no direct translation in "eigo" -English- Instead, they act as the concrete of a japanese statement. "No" shows a relationship in words, such as "watashi no kuruma." That directly means "I 'no' car." If "watashi" is proceeded by "no", it translates to "my." In English, it would be "My car", but in Japanese, it's "my no car". So whenever you need to say something is mine, say "watashi (My) no (P) kuruma (car)." The same goes for things like "your house". If you use the same ideas, then what would you say?
You would say "Anata (your, not you, because it's proceeded by -no-) no (P) uchi (house)" Basically, if you need to say an object is your's, put "watashi no" in front of it.

One thing that you should never forget is that the particle word "Wa" ALWAYS proceeds the topic as a "topic" marker (You may find later that you can use -ga- sometimes also).

Verbs almost always (if you want to know when they don't, then find a Japanese book or program for learning the langauge) come at the end of the sentance. "Desu" (pronounced -dess-) can mean "is", "are",and "am" (It can mean even more sometimes!). So if your going to say "this is a car", then you would say "Kore (this) wa (P for -topic is before me-) kuruma desu."

Japanese has no translation for the words "a", "and", and "the". This just means that there are less words to worry about, lol.

The sentance structure is also not very hard. It goes like this:
Subject, "wa", indirect object, direct object, verb.

If you need to make anything a question, put "ka" at the end of it like this:
"Sore (that) wa karuma desu ka" meaning, "Is that a car?". Just drop off the "ka" and it means "That is a car".

Good luck with your quest for Japanese; I hope this helped! Using this knowledge, I bet you can figure out what "Dare desu ka" means by knowing that "Dare" means who, the subject has been dropped off (read further to find why), and "wa" has also been dropped off. If your still having trouble, just look down.

I (P) Name (P) is
"Watashi no namae wa Tanaka desu."

This means "My name is Tanaka."

Who are (P meaning-this is a question)
"Dare desu ka?"

This---^ means "Who are you?"

If you really looked at Japanese, then you would find that most of the time, the subject (such as "Kuruma wa") can be dropped off if it's implied. Using "Dare desu ka" as an example, the direct translation from English would be "Anata wa dare desu ka?". Since normal conversation takes place between two people, the subject "Anata wa"(You") has been omitted.

Just as general practice , make English sentances follow the Japanese sentance structure
(Subject, 'wa', indirect object, object, verb), such as:

"I want milk"-----would be----"I 'wa' milk want"
or "I love my family"-----would be-----"I 'wa' my 'no' family love"

REMEMBER: this is really basic Japanese. The order can and will change sometimes, but don't panic, if you study Japanese, it should be a breeze.

If anyone wants to know more, I'd be more than happy to help, but it's a time issue for me. I'd only be able to come on around 10-11pm.

Tanoshinde kudasai!!!! ---(Please have fun!)

Dewmata!---------------(So long!")

Azn Pride!
Second Generation!

"Forum 家族: Kitski葉私の巨大です"

Last edited by AznFriday : 07-13-2007 at 03:26 PM.