JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bloodsnow (Offline)
New to JF

Smile translate these phrases into Romanji for me? - 07-18-2007, 05:26 AM

Can someone please translate these phrases into Romanji for me?

1) Don’t you dare disobey me!

2) I told you to -live-! What good is dying for me when I… when I can’t live without you! Don’t die for me! Live…live… LIVE FOR ME!

3) I killed many men for the sake of the weak...But because of that, you lost your happiness...I took away everything that was important to you. Without knowing that...I fell in love with you…I...you...I have…I don’t have the right to protect you…

4) I don’t...understand...women...

5) Has your wound healed? I hope so.

6) In the name of God, I seal in this place.

7) I couldn’t protect any of the people I loved.

8) I am a ghost who searches for death. I have been waiting patiently for Death, the ferryman of the Sanzu, waiting in this darkness for who knows how long.

9) Underestimating your opponent will get you killed

10) For this man's life, I risked everything. I was going to bring him to his death... but that's when... that's when I fell in love with him...I don't want to be the cause of any more death...I was going to die for this man...But... I live, even now...And so, I will live with him... I will stay with him forever...My second love...

11) Vengence, perhaps... for ruining her life on that rainy day, four years ago... please, forgive me, Tomoe... if only you had left me and went on with your life...Why did you stay with me? A murderer, whom you saw kill with your own eyes? I was heartless, cold... you saw something that... didn't exist...I am a hitokiri... and now, I have slain the one I love the most in the world...

12) Tomoe...you have loved before me, and I stole this love from you. I know... this is not something that can be forgiven easily, but... you did... you forgave me, and were willing to love me, to allow me to love you in return... you left, so you could protect me... and so, I will leave...

Thank you so very much

--bloodsnow
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-18-2007, 07:13 AM

All these requests are great, but without any context, it is really hard to even begin to translate them.

Who is talking?

Who is being spoken to?

What is the context of the situation?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
bloodsnow (Offline)
New to JF

07-20-2007, 01:26 AM

Well,

Numbers 1-2 are to a Loveless fiction I'm working on! In that story, Ritsuka is attacked by another Fighter and Sacreifice and Soubi to dying after trying to protect him

Numbers 3-5 are from Kenshin OVA: Trust and Betrayal

3) is Kenshin while he's running blindly towards Tatsumi and it unaware of Tomoe coming between them

4) is what Tatsumi saying as he falls to the ground after being stroke by Kenshin's katana when he realised that Tomoe was between them, protecting Kenshin

5) is what Tomoe says to Kenshin when they are eating and Kenshin tells her to leave because they (the inn) cannot be responsible for her and that she should leave

Numbers 6-7 is from the 1st EKO EKO AZARAK movie where Kuroi Misa, a witch, is sealing in the school and then at the end of the movie, she is sad because again she couldn't protect anyone. The boy who loved her was dead and she felt guilty that she couldn't save him or anyone else.

Number 8-9 you can just ignore. I decided that I'm doing to omitt those from my story

Numbers 10-12 is from a Ruorouni Kenshin story I'm writing where Tomoe does not die. However, four years later, she is killed while trying to protect Kenshin. I got the idea from a story called "a Light in the Snow-Red Village" on the Hakoubai Kou website.

10) Tomoe is watching Kenshin sleep and she thinking that she now she has come to love him, so she cannot continue with her revege

11) Tomoe is about to complete his scar and Kenshin is cradling her dying body, crying

12) Kenshin is about to leave, so he is talking to Tomoe's spirit about he understood her feelings after reading her diary and that even though she left to protect him, he would now leave so he wouldn't have to say goodbye.

I hope this helps!!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

--bloodsnow
(#4 (permalink))
Old
mamok (Offline)
JF Regular

07-20-2007, 07:48 PM

So it is my attempt

1) Don’t you dare disobey me! (背くないでくれ, somukunaide kure!)

2) I told you to -live-! What good is dying for me when I… when I can’t live without you! Don’t die for me! Live…live… LIVE FOR ME! (活きてと言ったよ.なぜ、私の為に死ぬことわ。 。。君がないときに僕わ活けないよ。私の為に死なない でくれ。。。活きて。。。活きて。。。私の為に活きて くれ [ikite to itta yo! Naze, watashi no tame ni shinu koto wa... kimi ga nai toki ni boku wa ikenai yo!watashi no tame ni shinanaide kure!ikite...ikite...watashi no tame ni ikite kure])

3) I killed many men for the sake of the weak...But because of that, you lost your happiness...I took away everything that was important to you. Without knowing that...I fell in love with you…I...you...I have…I don’t have the right to protect you…
(俺わ弱い物為にそんなに多いなひとを殺した。。。で 、そんなにことので君わ幸せを無くしまった。。。僕 あなたの大事な物全てを連れ去れた。分かりませんこ がのに僕わ君に恋した。。。僕わ。。。あなたわ。。 僕わあなたのことを守ってできません [Ore wa yowaimono tame ni sonna ni ooi na hito o koroshita...Demo, sonna ni koto node kimi wa shiawase wo nakushimatta...boku wa anata no daiji na mono subete o tsuresareta.wakarimasen koto ga noni boku wa kimi ni koi shita...boku wa...anata wa...boku wa anata no koto o mamotte dekimasen... ])
4) I don’t...understand...women...(俺わ。。。女を。。。分かりま ん[ore wa...onna wo...wakarimasen])

5) Has your wound healed? I hope so. (あなたの傷わ直したか。そうならいいですね[anata no kizu wa naoshita ka. Sou nara ii desu ne])

6) In the name of God, I seal in this place.

7) I couldn’t protect any of the people I loved.(愛しい人を守るできません[itoshii hito wo mamoru dekimasen])

8) I am a ghost who searches for death. I have been waiting patiently for Death, the ferryman of the Sanzu, waiting in this darkness for who knows how long.

9) Underestimating your opponent will get you killed

10) For this man's life, I risked everything. I was going to bring him to his death... but that's when... that's when I fell in love with him...I don't want to be the cause of any more death...I was going to die for this man...But... I live, even now...And so, I will live with him... I will stay with him forever...My second love...(彼の命為に私わ全部を賭けた。私わ彼を殺して積 りだった。。。でも、その時に。。。僕わ彼に恋した 。。僕わ他の人の死因なりたくない。。。私わあの男 為に死ぬつもりだった。。。でも。。。今でも私わ生 ている。。。だから彼の側に。。。ずっと生きたいな 。。。私の二恋 [kare no inochi tame ni, watashiwa zenbu o kaketa. Watashiwa kare wo koroshite tsumori datta...demo, sono toki ni...boku wa kare ni koi shita...boku wa hoka no hito no shiin naritaku nai...watashi wa ano otoko no tame ni shinu tsumori datta...demo...imademo, watashi wa ikite iru...dakara, kare no soba ni...zutto ikitai naa...watashi no nikoi ])

11) Vengence, perhaps... for ruining her life on that rainy day, four years ago... please, forgive me, Tomoe... if only you had left me and went on with your life...Why did you stay with me? A murderer, whom you saw kill with your own eyes? I was heartless, cold... you saw something that... didn't exist...I am a hitokiri... and now, I have slain the one I love the most in the world...
(復讐多分。。。三年前にあの雨の日彼女の命を滅ぼし 。。。だから許してお願い、巴「Tomoe]。。。君わあの時に私を取り残さればあの命を津ずけれ ば。。。なぜ私の側に止まった。。。人を殺すながらあ なたの目に見られた人殺し。。。そんなに冷酷無常な人 。。。あなたわ有りえないことをみた。。。私わ人殺し です。。。それに僕わ大好きな人を殺した。 [fukushuu, tabun...san nen mae ni ano ame no hi kanojo no inochi horoboshita...dakara yurushite onegai shimasu, Tomoe...kimi wa ano toki ni watashi o torinokosareba ano inochi o tsuzukereba...Naze watashi no soba ni todomatta... hito o korosunagara anata no me ni mirareta hitogoroshi...sonna reikokumujou na hito...anata wa arienai koto o mita...watashi wa hitogoroshi...sore ni boku wa daisuki na hito o koroshita])

12) Tomoe...you have loved before me, and I stole this love from you. I know... this is not something that can be forgiven easily, but... you did... you forgave me, and were willing to love me, to allow me to love you in return... you left, so you could protect me... and so, I will leave...(巴「Tomoe]、私の前に君わ愛してた、そうして僕わあの恋を盗んだ 。僕わ知てる。。。それわ簡単に許されることでわない でも。。。あなたわ。。。許してくれたそうして君の恋 上げてその恋を返せる許した。。。私を守る為にあなた わ去れた。。。それで私わも去れなきゃならない [Tomoe, watashi no mae ni kimi wa aishiteta,soushite boku wa ano koi wo nusunda. Boku wa shiteru...sore wa kantan ni yurusareru koto de wa nai demo...anata wa...yurushite kureta soushite kimi no koi agete sono koi wo kaeseru yurushita...watashi o mamoru tame ni anata wa sareta...sorede watashi wa mo sarenakya naranai ])

I am exausted after translating it Hope it will help.

and slowly...you come to realize...it's all as it should be...you can only do so much. if you're game enought...you could place your trust in me...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
bloodsnow (Offline)
New to JF

Thank You - 07-22-2007, 12:43 AM

Thank you very much for translating those phrases for me!

I really appreciate it!

I'm sorry you're exhausted from translating for me! But I do appreciate you're hard work!

Thank you very much again!

I'm going to pratice learning Kanji now!

--bloodsnow