JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bloodsnow (Offline)
New to JF

Can someone please translate these 19 quotes for me from the RK OVA? - 07-23-2007, 05:05 AM

Can anyone please translate these following phrases for me? I hope I'm not causing any trouble?!! But, I love these quotes from the RK OVA: Trust and Betrayal and I was wondering if someone would not mind translating them for me?

If that is possible? Is that is too many quotes to translate, you can do half now and save the other half until you're ready to tackle the rest. I would really appreciate anyone who would do this translating for me!! This way I can understand the Japanese side of Trust and Betrayal when I watch it, because i think that i have trouble understanding the individual words, or i'm jumbling it all up in my mind.

1) Kenshin to Iizuka: "I’m stronger than I thought. I feel nothing, no regret."

2) Iizuka to Kenshin: "You’re good, but lately you’ve been absolutely incredible! You’re actually getting better at it…you don’t even give them a chance to scream anymore."

3) Iizuka to Kenshin about his scar: "There’s a superstition, you know…if a wound is made by the sword of someone with a strong hatred, it will not heal until revenge has been executed. It may never heal…”

4) Kenshin to Iizuka about the superstition: “That can’t be… how could it?”

5) Kenshin to assassin: “Who are you? Sou ka… you’re an assassin, like me…"

8) Tomoe to Kenshin: "Blood! You're bleeding..."

9) Kenshin's thoughts on Tomoe: "Someone saw. Should I… kill her?"

10) Kenshin to Tomoe in mountain cabin: “The happiness that you've once lost, I will now protect it for you.”

11) Tomoe to Kenshin: “Have you read all these (books)? Wash your face before your hands. Even in separate rooms, I get worried whenever you leave...”

12) Kenshin to Tomoe: “You’re still awake? Don’t bother with me. No. None of them, although they're perfect for falling asleep. A hitokiri doesn't need to study.”

13) Tomoe to Kenshin before returning to bed: “I almost thought I dreamed the night was raining blood.”

14) Kenshin to Tomoe: “It's my role. It won't last long. I don't need you worrying about me. I am a killer who makes it rain blood. I do not wish for you to know the smell of blood. I do not wish for you to know the harshness of war and death."

15) Tomoe to Kenshin: "Are you going to continue killing people forever?" Remember the day when you told me that I should go look for a place where I won't need my tanto, where I'll feel safe enough to not let my guard down? The only person who hasn't found a safe place is you."

16) Tomoe to Kenshin in anger: "I am sorry to have interfered with your affairs. Obviously, I could never understand. Excuse me."

17) Tomoe to Kenshin: “Has the wound on your cheek stopped bleeding? So your wound has healed. Every time I see that cut…I wonder what the person who injured you saw. You say you kill people to make them happy... I really don’t know how happiness can be attained by killing.”

18) Kenshin to Tomoe about scar: “I’d forgotten about it. It’s only stopped bleeding.”

19) Tomoe to Kenshin: “Didn’t you know? A sword needs a sheath. With my very own eyes... I want to see… You don’t ask, do you?…About my personal circumstances.”

If it isn't too much trouble!

ARIGATOU!!!

--bloodsnow

also does anyone know is Kenshin says: "iku ga Otsu?" -- "let's go to Otsu!" or something like that in the last part of the OVA when he's in the Kekkai Forest? I can't understand him!

Thank you for you're HARD WORK!!!!!!!!!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-23-2007, 05:25 AM

It never hurts to ask, but...

Just like in English, there are dozens of ways to say the phrases you have put here.

What I mean is, someone could back-translate these Japanese phrases from English back into Japanese, but the chances that they will be the same as the original Japanese is slim and none, and it sounds like THAT is what you are looking for.

I recommend looking for a script online. I think people would be much happier translating the Japanese into Romaji for you, because that is actually what you are looking for.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
mamok (Offline)
JF Regular

07-23-2007, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It never hurts to ask, but...

Just like in English, there are dozens of ways to say the phrases you have put here.

What I mean is, someone could back-translate these Japanese phrases from English back into Japanese, but the chances that they will be the same as the original Japanese is slim and none, and it sounds like THAT is what you are looking for.

I recommend looking for a script online. I think people would be much happier translating the Japanese into Romaji for you, because that is actually what you are looking for.
Good point. I totally agree. Also in anime there is often a spoken japanese, and here after translation you will have written which will probably be different too.

and slowly...you come to realize...it's all as it should be...you can only do so much. if you're game enought...you could place your trust in me...
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-23-2007, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamok View Post
Good point. I totally agree. Also in anime there is often a spoken japanese, and here after translation you will have written which will probably be different too.
Good point. I would be shocked if any of the phrases translated were even close to the original. Again, as I always say, withouy context this is impossible.

I am totally suppotive of th idea of a helpful translation thread, but as someone who does this for a living, these requests are getting to be a little much...

Remember, you get what you pay for.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
bloodsnow (Offline)
New to JF

Smile I don't know where to look for the RK OVA Script Online? - 07-23-2007, 08:31 PM

Would anyone know where I might be able to find the RK OVA: Trust and Betrayal script Online at?

If I could find it, I would love to have someone translate into Romanji for me. However, the only romanji I know of is the Spanish site "Kenshin OVA 1: Kiru Otoko" at KENSHIN OVA 1:

The page has only the first part of the OVA translate so far into Spanish, however, the website author does have anything translated past the part when Hiko-san agrees to teaches Kenshin "his forte". If someone could translate the rest of that page for me, I'd really appeciate it.

Also, if anyone knows of a website that has the RK OVA script online in Kanji and could send it to me, so I could possible have it translated, I'd really appreciate that also.

I would greatly appreciate anyones help in this! I'm sorry If I'm asking too much of you guys!!

THANK YOU!!

--bloodsnow

however, if I can't find a website, could someone possible please translate those phrases for me? i'd really appreciate any help on that as well.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
mamok (Offline)
JF Regular

07-24-2007, 09:17 PM

Ok, I translated most of them but I am quite sure that some of them isn't gramaticaly correct. So like it was said before I don't think it will be like in original anime script but maby it will be close

1) Kenshin to Iizuka: "I’m stronger than I thought. I feel nothing, no regret."
Boku wa omou na koto yori tsuyoku. Nanimo wo kanjite, nanimo koukai suru
僕わ思うな事より強く。何もを感じて何も後悔する。
2) Iizuka to Kenshin: "You’re good, but lately you’ve been absolutely incredible! You’re actually getting better at it…you don’t even give them a chance to scream anymore."
Anata wa yoi to omou demo saikin kimi wa hontou ni sugoi narimashita yo.makoto ni kimi wa sono koto de wa jouzu ni narimashita... kimi wa nakiwameku kikai de sae wo mo agenai ne
あなたわ良いと思うでも最近君わ本当にすごい成りまし たよ。真に君わその事でわ上手に成りました。。。君わ 泣き喚く機会でさえをも上げないね
3) Iizuka to Kenshin about his scar: "There’s a superstition, you know…if a wound is made by the sword of someone with a strong hatred, it will not heal until revenge has been executed. It may never heal…”
ano ne, meishin ga aru to kiita...Moushi kashitara tsuyoi nikushimi hito wa katana de kimi wo kizutsukereba ano kizu wa fukushuu toki made naosanaide. Keshite nasoanai kamo shiremasen...
あのね迷信があると聞いた。。。申し貸したら強い憎し み人わ刀で君を傷付ければあの傷わ復讐時まで治さない で。消して治さないかもしれません。。。
4) Kenshin to Iizuka about the superstition: “That can’t be… how could it?”
Arienai...nante
有りえない。。。何て

5) Kenshin to assassin: “Who are you? Sou ka… you’re an assassin, like me…"
anata wa dare?sou ka...anata wa onaji you ni hitogoroshi desu ne
あなたわ誰そうか。。。あなたわ同じ用に人殺しですね
8) Tomoe to Kenshin: "Blood! You're bleeding..."
ketsueki! Anata wa shukketsu suru...
血液!あなたわ出血する。。。
9) Kenshin's thoughts on Tomoe: "Someone saw. Should I… kill her?"
Dareka mita.kanojo o korosu ho ga ii kana
誰か見た。彼女を殺す方がいいかな
10) Kenshin to Tomoe in mountain cabin: “The happiness that you've once lost, I will now protect it for you.”
kimi no nakushita shiawase boku wa mamoru yo
君の無くした幸せ僕わ守るよ
11) Tomoe to Kenshin: “Have you read all these (books)? Wash your face before your hands. Even in separate rooms, I get worried whenever you leave...”
zenbu yonda ka?kao to te aratte kudasai. Besshitsu de wa ore wa kimi no dete toki ni shimpai shiteru...
全部読んだか?顔と手洗って下さい。別室でわ俺わ君の 出て時に心配してる。。。
12) Kenshin to Tomoe: “You’re still awake? Don’t bother with me. No. None of them, although they're perfect for falling asleep. A hitokiri doesn't need to study.”
Nezameta ka? Ki ni shinaide.iee.nanimo datte sore wa neiru koto ni zekkou to omou. Hitogoroshi wa benkyou suru koto ga hitsuyou ga nai.

寝覚めたか。気にしないで。いええ。何もだってそれわ 寝入る事に絶好と思う。人殺しわ勉強する事が必要がな い。
13) Tomoe to Kenshin before returning to bed: “I almost thought I dreamed the night was raining blood.”
Hotondo yoru wa ketsueki no ame to omotta(chi no ame??)
殆ど夜わ血液の雨と思った

14) Kenshin to Tomoe: “It's my role. It won't last long. I don't need you worrying about me. I am a killer who makes it rain blood. I do not wish for you to know the smell of blood. I do not wish for you to know the harshness of war and death."
sore wa watashi no yaku desu. Sore wa mo tsuzukanai. Boku wa kimi no shinrou koto ga hitsuyou ga nai. Ore wa ketsuame wo tsukurareta hitogoroshi desu. Kimi ga ketsu no kaori wo shiteru koto wo boku wa nozonde ja nai. Sensou no kurushimi to shikyou koto wo kimi wa keshite shiranai to nozonde iru.
それわ私の役です。それわもつずかない。僕わ君の心労 事が必要がない。俺わ血の雨を作られた人殺しです。君 が血の香りを知てる事を僕わ望んでじゃない。戦争の苦 しみと死去事を君わけして知らないと望んでいる。
15) Tomoe to Kenshin: "Are you going to continue killing people forever?" Remember the day when you told me that I should go look for a place where I won't need my tanto, where I'll feel safe enough to not let my guard down? The only person who hasn't found a safe place is you."
hito wo korosu koto wo kimi wa ikuhisashiku tsuzukeru tsumori desu ka.ano hi wo
oboiteru ka boku no tanto wa hitsuyou ga nai betsu no tokoro soushite anzen no basho wo boku wa sagasu hazu da kimi wa itta. Sono basho wo mitsukarenakatta hito wa tada anata wa
人を殺す事を君わ幾久しくつずけるつもりですか。あの 日を覚えてるか僕のたんとわ必要がない別な所そうして 安全の場所を僕わ探すはずだ君わ言った。その場所を見 つかれなかった人わただあなたわ
16) Tomoe to Kenshin in anger: "I am sorry to have interfered with your affairs. Obviously, I could never understand. Excuse me."
Sewa wo yaku koto wo gommene. Wakarikitta watashiwa keshite wakaranai.gommene
世話を焼く事をごっめね。分かり切った私わ消して分か らない。ごっめね
17) Tomoe to Kenshin: “Has the wound on your cheek stopped bleeding? So your wound has healed. Every time I see that cut…I wonder what the person who injured you saw. You say you kill people to make them happy... I really don’t know how happiness can be attained by killing.”

18) Kenshin to Tomoe about scar: “I’d forgotten about it. It’s only stopped bleeding.”

19) Tomoe to Kenshin: “Didn’t you know? A sword needs a sheath. With my very own eyes... I want to see… You don’t ask, do you?…About my personal circumstances.”

and slowly...you come to realize...it's all as it should be...you can only do so much. if you're game enought...you could place your trust in me...