JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bloodsnow (Offline)
New to JF

Smile can anyone translate these phrases for me into Romanji? - 07-31-2007, 07:47 PM

Can anyone please translate these following phrases for me? I would really appreciate the help! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

1) Tomoe to Kenshin: “Has the wound on your cheek stopped bleeding? So your wound has healed. Every time I see that cut…I wonder what the person who injured you saw. You say you kill people to make them happy... I really don’t know how happiness can be attained by killing.”

2) Kenshin to Tomoe about scar: “I’d forgotten about it. It’s only stopped bleeding.”

3)) Tomoe to Kenshin: “Didn’t you know? A sword needs a sheath. With my very own eyes... I want to see… You don’t ask, do you?…About my personal circumstances.”

4)Kenshin to Tomoe: "I thought about my answer. Whether I would have killed you, if you had a sword... The answer is no. I wouldn't kill you. Whatever happens, I would never do that to you. Not to you... Never."

5) Kenshin to Tomoe: “It’s just been a while since sake has tasted good. Has the alcohol lost its taste?”

6) Kenshin to Tomoe: “For the longest time, I didn’t know what happiness was... What I fought for before and what I fight for now, is different. These few months have opened my eyes... And I’m glad. You have shown me happiness within these few months, and for that, I am very thankful...”

7) Kenshin to Tomoe: “You make it rain blood…That’s what you said when we first met. You also said that there’s no happiness to be had from killing people...But... I will kill people in the future. A new time is coming. I will kill until then, but when that time comes... I will stop killing. I want to protect the happiness of each person I see and rid myself of my sins... If I have you, I can throw away my sword...”

8) Kenshin to Okami-san: “Are you finished? I'm grateful.”

9) Okami-san to Kenshin: “It's nothing. But, what should we do with this?”

10) Tomoe to Kenshin: “I apologize, I wasn't sober last night. It looks like you took care of me. I was drunk.”

11) Kenshin to Tomoe: “I want you to forget what you saw last night. Don't you have people worried about you? This is yours (tanto), right? The streets of Kyoto are dangerous. This won't be of much help. You should find a place to stay. A place where you wouldn't need this.”

12) Tomoe to Kenshin: “Is my presence here bothering you? I'm a lost cat...If I had a home to return to, I wouldn't be out drinking alone every night. Like a place where there are no Hitokiri…”

13) Okami-san to Kenshin: “A lost cat? What are you talking about? You're the one who brought her here, remember? The Choushuu are frequent customers to our Kohagi Inn, and we're very grateful...but because of you all we're very busy. I can see where you're coming from, though. It appears she is a good worker. Besides, everyone has one or two things in their past that they don't want to talk about.”

14) Kenshin to Okami-san: “Yes, are you going to hire her? Well...last night was different... What is it?

15) Tomoe to Kenshin: “It was a bit cold, especially by the window...”

16) Kenshin to Iizuka about Tomoe: “Nothing. It's not like she's my woman or anything.”

17) Iizuka to Kenshin about saving Tomoe: “No one believes that. You saved her once before, right?”

18) Tomoe to Kenshin: “Sorry to keep you waiting. I'm sorry... I've been neglecting you lately... But...I feel bad... Around dusk, I saw some dragonflies...What will happen now? How long will we be here? Yes, we sold more (medicine) than I thought, I'm glad.”

19) "You’re…a samurai? A fallen samurai. Your lord was killed by treachery, and you failed to protect him. So you swore revenge. And you got it…you destroyed the enemy. But the ending is not so pleasant, is it? Having killed your enemy, you earn only the right to die honorably."

20) "There's no honor in death. And there’s no shame in wanting to live."

21) "You’re fortunate that I’m a considerate person, otherwise you would all be dead now. However, you will not be using a katana ever again – I can guarantee that much.”

22) "A sword embodies the spirit of its samurai. If this sword has been one of slaughter, it has merely been the reflection of the will of the one wielding it. It has fulfilled its duty and is worthy of respect. I…cannot discard it in such a fashion. "

23) "When you came to us, you had your skill, but no sword of your own. You were still a child. Today you become responsible for yourself and your actions. Now, I ask you again: are you willing to fight in our cause, and kill when it is deemed necessary? Are you willing to die?”

24) “I have no words for my gratitude. You have given honor back to my family. May you be blessed for your kindness.”

25) "If you have indeed come back to this world, I hope that your new life will treat you more kindly, that you will have happiness. Perhaps you will find Kiyosato once again... I am leaving now to fulfill the promise I made you. I will not kill…I will make restitution as best I can. I will keep this promise, though I failed you before. "

26) "You honored me with the gift of this daishō. In returning it to you, I have no wish to belittle that gift, or deny its importance to me. But I can no longer use it, and it is too valuable to go to waste. Please accept it back with my great respect.”

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it!

--bloodsnow