JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   How to go about learning japanese (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/6744-how-go-about-learning-japanese.html)

Shidash 08-03-2007 08:48 PM

How to go about learning japanese

I have only just started learning Japanese and the only tools I have are a Berlitz book, dictionary and cds of native speakers that go with the book plus anime that I watch in Japanese. I am trying to find a class in my area but I have had not luck so far. Can anyone give tips on learning Japanese?

mekisikojin 08-03-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shidash (Post 195660)
I have only just started learning Japanese and the only tools I have are a Berlitz book, dictionary and cds of native speakers that go with the book plus anime that I watch in Japanese. I am trying to find a class in my area but I have had not luck so far. Can anyone give tips on learning Japanese?

Hi there how's it going?

Check this website Learn Japanese - Japanese Language

It has a lot of info that's useful for begginers as well as for advanced students.

Tell me if it was helpful
ラウール君

HikaruxKaoru 08-03-2007 09:13 PM

I'll try it too. ;)

Shidash 08-04-2007 04:30 PM

Thanks :D. I will definitely use this site in learning Japanese.

mekisikojin 08-05-2007 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shidash (Post 196206)
Thanks :D. I will definitely use this site in learning Japanese.

I'm glad that site is useful to you!

Make sure to sign up to it's bulletin

take care

Spikess 08-05-2007 10:33 PM

i bought myself a couple of books, one i particulary like is japanese in 10 minutes a day. it's rather fun with lots of stickers and flash cards. i also just recently bought myself before you know it japanese delux edition for the pc, which so far has been brill. i usually always have it running in the background.

Shidash 08-06-2007 01:59 AM

I'm thinking of getting some more books next time I go to the bookstore. No luck with finding lessons but I can live until then. In the meantime I will use what I have and hope I don't completely mess up the pronunciation. So far I have and when I was at camp and ran into someone who spoke Japanese they couldn't understand a word I said so they helped me with some of the pronunciation but not all of it.

SovereignEvil 08-06-2007 10:05 AM

I don't know about other countries, but here in Sweden most schools give you the opportunity to actually study japanese (which I'm going to do for two years) and I believe the best way to learn japanese is actually to take lessons. Books and websites provide very good material, but I think lessons in japanese cover a little more than a free website.

That's my opinion...

Shidash 08-06-2007 12:41 PM

That is why I am trying to find lessons. My school only offers French, Spanish and Latin plus I live in an extremely rural area where I don't think there are many people (if any) that know Japanese let alone are willing to teach it. I have a couple programs that aren't free that I am using too.

Aiyuuji 08-06-2007 01:45 PM

No offence but you cant learn japanese from anime the way they speak in it is all wrong there over eccentric because they are made to be real japanese do not speak like that.
Stick to your books and cd's flash cards help to drum things in.