JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Darka (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Darka
Talking learning simple japanese? - 08-21-2007, 01:05 PM

theres a free program called "before you know it 3.6 " avaliable that uses virtual flash cards. its very simple to use and can teach you a variety of words and sentances from animals and colours to introductions, numbers and pleasentarys, the link is as follows ( it has alot of other languages avaliable too.)

Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German and 63 other languages with BYKI software.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nattybumppo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-24-2007, 09:09 AM

I downloaded it and had a look.

While I don't think this software would be a very good way to learn Japanese if used alone, and some of the choices of words or their translations in the cards that come with the free version are questionable, the flash card software itself is really quite nice. It's a shame that the deluxe version of the software (which includes more lists and the ability to make your own lists) costs $40, though... that might not be too much to pay.

(Also, it looks like you joined just to post this link. You work for the company, don't you? )
(#3 (permalink))
Old
m3magic (Offline)
New to JF

08-24-2007, 04:58 PM

There's also a great website: Learn Japanese with Japanesepod101.com

They teach short audio lessons which you can download for free. If you're trying to learn simple Japanese I would recommend their Survival Phrases lessons or their Newbie lessons. The lessons are easy to listen to and are quite entertaining.