JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Malama25 (Offline)
New to JF

How to say and write "Ask Anything!" correctly and not the Google Translate way - 08-10-2017, 04:27 AM

Hello,

I am building a website with a couple of my freelance design partners. The site is travel related and the content must be multilingual and not something that only English speakers can navigate. Currently, we are working on the Japanese translation portion of it and need a lot of help. Ironic, that one partner happens to be partially Japanese but lived more of his life in the U.S. than Japan and has forgotten a lot of what he used to know and apparently never was fluent to begin with. Consequently, he hasn't been of much help with translation.

For now, I would like to know if someone can tell me how to say/write correctly, in Japanese characters "Ask Anything!" Like if you are telling someone that they can ask you anything they want to know, except that this is for a business, and specifically, a call to action button on our site. I am not sure if I need to give any further context for this. If so, please let me know.

I have attempted to learn the correct way, beyond Google Translate - which I know better than to trust - but haven't been very successful, yet.

And Google Translate gave me this: 何か尋ねる!
Is that close enough or just very bad?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
08-10-2017, 04:07 PM

>And Google Translate gave me this: 何か尋ねる!
>Is that close enough or just very bad?

It is just very bad.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.