JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Aviv100 (Offline)
New to JF

Looking for Tutor - 09-18-2007, 06:02 PM

I've been studying Japanese on my own for a long time and just started taking level 1 Japanese at my local college.

However, I do feel I am overqualified for that class (and the next one). I want to know if anyone is interested in tutoring. Whether it's e-mail, IM, or in person (I live in Central California, PM me).

I need kanji help and conversational skills (all we've been learning is polite form, while that's somewhat realistic, I don't just want to know enough to get by). I'm fairly comfortable with the grammar, although I'm sure I still have something to learn in that area.

Thanks!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
roy (Offline)
New to JF

09-19-2007, 05:06 AM

Hi. Kanji is a major problem even for Japanese. I've studied it for many years, but still...... It's like we have to keep studying forever to be a master of KANJI. (you dont have be a master of KANJI, though) If you have a Knaji book, I recommend to write words down on a paper hundreds of times. One or two words every day. every SINGLE day. It's hard, but worth it.
Good luck.

Last edited by roy : 09-19-2007 at 09:14 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Aviv100 (Offline)
New to JF

09-19-2007, 02:24 PM

I'll give that a go. That's how I learned the kanji I know now, writing it down many times (not hundreds of times, but the first 100 or so kanji are rather simple -for me anyway- it's when I get to the 10+ stroke kanji -even some of the 8-9 stroke- is when my brain fries). Guess it's time to dust off my kanji book again ^.^;;

Do you know of any resources that have the meanings of radicals for kanji? Like what I mentioned in your website post? I've always wanted to learn those so even if I haven't seen the kanji before I can try to figure out what it means.

Kabuta, tanuki, kitsune, neko
Kabuta, tanuki, kitsune, neko!

Bubuubu, pon poko pon, kon kon, nyao~
Bubuubu, pon poko pon, kon kon, nyao~!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
roy (Offline)
New to JF

09-19-2007, 11:23 PM

I google it, and found this site.
漢字の部屋
It's all in Japanese, but relatively easy Japanese. You can try it out.
The first section 「漢字のなりたち」 is kind of difficult, just skip to the second section. This site is question/answer type, you get questions and answer to them.