LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
roy (Offline)
New to JF

The best site for leaning Japanese - 09-17-2007, 08:47 AM

Hello, everyone.
I'm a Japanese guy, living in Tokyo.

I've started making a new site for Japanese learners in which you can learn how to speak/pronounce sentences and learn common sentences.
I want it make a truly useful site, I will be very grateful if you give me some advices.
What do you think the bast way to learn(speak) Japanese ?

What I think is
- listen and speak it every single day.
- repeat sentences enough.
- have fun!

If you have any suggestions, please comment them.
Thanks in advance.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
enyafriend (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-17-2007, 03:01 PM

My suggestion is that you to go through the Japanese Language Resources and Nihongo de Asobo thread first before posting anything that is similar. The answer that you are looking for might be there.
You are new here. Therefore, you should first get yourself familiarise with the various threads in existence.

Hokkaido e ikitai........

Last edited by enyafriend : 09-17-2007 at 03:03 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
roy (Offline)
New to JF

09-18-2007, 06:06 AM

Thanks for the reply.
I've read these threads before, and I read them again.
There are a lot of very nice sites.
but I'm not looking for the best site for learning japanese. (because japanese is my native language...)
I want to make it. I want people learn languages more effectively.
It would be very nice if you give me suggestions how you want to learn speaking Japanese.

As you said, there might be the answer in other theads. I will go through as many as possible.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Rovian (Offline)
New to JF

09-18-2007, 10:21 PM

How about making the site teach japanese the same way japanese schools do? In one section, you can teach the same things taught in first grade, or as close as you can get. Sound files may be needed too.

Last edited by Rovian : 09-18-2007 at 10:25 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-18-2007, 10:22 PM

www.japanesepod101.com

end of story

close plz
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Aviv100 (Offline)
New to JF

09-18-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Learn Japanese with Japanesepod101.com

end of story

close plz
I think that was kind of rude. He's just trying to make his own site and gather ideas, which I think is great. There are some sites that don't really take into account some learning styles that may work better for some people.

For example: Rovian's idea about making lessons by making lessons progress similar to how it is in Japanese schools is a great idea, I don't see it too much on the web. That's how I learned my kanji, by grade level.

I think that having audio is great, too. Might consume more bandwidth for the website, but there's only so much books and text can do.

Maybe also work with how to actually write the kana and kanji, like stroke orders. For kanji maybe break down the radicals to help people understand the word better (like the radical that means "water" is used in kanji that mean "sea" and "pond" etc... ).

Ganbatte Roy-san!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
roy (Offline)
New to JF

09-19-2007, 09:59 AM

Thank you for the reply.
O.K. separate the level, from simple sentences which is like 1st grades study to more complex sentences. That is great idea.

I think sounds/voices are essential to learn how to speak language, as Rovian and Aviv100 mentioned. I'm foucused on that point for the site.
You see a sentence, and at the same time, you can listen the sound of the sentence you are looking at. After listen the sentence, you repeat the sentence. By doing this cycle, you learn reading/listening/speaking at once.

Japanesepod101.com is a good site. I can learn something from this site. thanks for the post.

I will finish the first draft version of the site by next week(9/24, Monday, Japan time). If you have any suggestions, please post your comment.

Thanks in advance.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Aviv100 (Offline)
New to JF

09-19-2007, 02:17 PM

Sounds good! Can't wait to see the site when it's finished =)

Kabuta, tanuki, kitsune, neko
Kabuta, tanuki, kitsune, neko!

Bubuubu, pon poko pon, kon kon, nyao~
Bubuubu, pon poko pon, kon kon, nyao~!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
roy (Offline)
New to JF

09-21-2007, 09:04 AM

Well.., I've not finished yet, but I'm doing my best.
The concept of this site is

"Learn how to talk with Japanese by yourself".

Like I said before, this site is focused on the speaking. There aren't many grammatical/structural/Hiragana/Katakana/Kanji things in this site.

Here is how it works:
There are 2 sections in this site.
1.Basic phrase section
2.Group meeting section

1.Basic phrase section
GOAL - you listen a phrase, and repeat it. When you repeat it, you hear what you said, and know how you actually pronounce the words/sentence, so that you can correct your pronunciation by yourself.

STEP - 1. find a sentence which you like to learn
2. read the details of the sentence and understand some grammatical issues
3. listen the sentence
4. repeat it
5. listen what you said, and find what's wrong with your pronunciation
6. repeat it again.
7. do this again and again till you said like natives do

2.Group meeting section
GOAL - talk with natives, and use the phrases that you've learned in the basic phrase section. By talking with people, you know people understand your sentences, or not, and you can try your own sentences.

STEP - 1. choose your level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
2. choose date and time
3. attend the meeting
4. have fun

Requirements:
Since this site uses Internet phone system, you need following things before you start.
1. SIP Phone application (you can download free)(IM or skype doen't work...sorry)
2. Headset(with mic), if you want to practice your pronouciation
There is an instruction page, so there shouldn't be many difficulties.......I hope

The contents of this site are based on the contributions of users. Users provide phrases and sample voices. I do this way because I think this may be the best way to gather more people in one place, so that people start to communicate each other.
I know there are many Japanese who want to learn English or your native language. The more you contribute to this site, the more chances, Japanese come to this site, and we all are happy.

It would be very nice if you give me your opinion.
Thank you for reading to the end. long post(sorry).

Last edited by roy : 09-21-2007 at 11:38 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
roy (Offline)
New to JF

09-21-2007, 09:54 AM

For those who are interested in the techenologies.
The system is like this:

1.Web server: Apache2.0
2.Web application: PHP5
3.Database Server: Mysql
4.SIP Server: Asterisk1.4

1-3 is used for displaying contents on the web, user management, time management, and so on.
4 is used for the voice functions(read phrases, record phrases..) and meeting function.