LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

10-31-2007, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I was just about to quote your post here!
Maybe except for the part saying "Kanji are mostly Chinese characters borrowed from the Japanese. "
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Okashi (Offline)
Future English Teacher

Send a message via AIM to Okashi Send a message via MSN to Okashi Send a message via Yahoo to Okashi
10-31-2007, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
Maybe except for the part saying "Kanji are mostly Chinese characters borrowed from the Japanese. "
My bad. Thanks for telling. Is it all Kanji come from chinese characters? I'm not quit sure again...

Once an Anime Lover, Always an Anime Lover

日本
CLICK HERE IF YOU DARE
OR HERE IF YOU LOVE AMIME!

(not really)
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-31-2007, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
I didn't read it closely enough. You are so right.

We should have a "Japanese Help" section, but, seriously, no one should come here and expect to learn Japanese.

My fear is that people will think they can "learn Japananese" from this site, and then when they don't they will give up because they think it is too hard.

I am actually going to start a new thread on this topic, because I know Masaegu, and other kind-hearts on this site agree with this....
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Dymaz (Offline)
New to JF

10-31-2007, 12:59 PM

well i guess then i HAVE to give up, if i was to follow what you are saying,
because its not possible for me to go to a school learnin this, they don`t offer that here.
so basicly IF i followed you guys i should just give up? i mean then if you cut of my hand, while trying to get a cookie, then how am i suppossed to get it? - because i HAVE to get this cookie
in other words, then suggest me how i should learn it

-Thomas

Last edited by Dymaz : 10-31-2007 at 01:02 PM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Kasomi (Offline)
Languages Addict

Send a message via MSN to Kasomi
10-31-2007, 04:27 PM

As they said, Dymaz, start with the beginning. And you must not give up just because you can't have Japanese lessons. I don't have any here, and I find Japanese fun. If you really are motivated, you'll get over this obstacle.

It is true MMM that you can't really expect learning Japanese here, because we can't hear anything, but we can at least ask for help. I literally translated Yoroshiku onegaishimasu from French to English, but in the moment I couldn't come up with the cultural equivalent. I don't remember where I found it, but the translation wasn't good either. In French, thinking about it, we say an equivalent of Nice to meet you (Enchanté de faire votre connaissance, for the ones that speak French).

それでは、ごめんなさい、MMMさん。

I think I have more things to learn before helping people around. Thank you for you kindness. At least, you weren't harsh (well, didn't seem to be).

僕は静かな見物人なんだよ。
すべてを見て、聞いているよ。

Sème le vent, récolte la tempête;
Sème le bonheur, tu récolteras l'amour.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-31-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymaz View Post
well i guess then i HAVE to give up, if i was to follow what you are saying,
because its not possible for me to go to a school learnin this, they don`t offer that here.
so basicly IF i followed you guys i should just give up? i mean then if you cut of my hand, while trying to get a cookie, then how am i suppossed to get it? - because i HAVE to get this cookie
in other words, then suggest me how i should learn it

-Thomas
DYMAZ, I am not sure where this attitude is coming from. We are trying to help you, not discourage you, but at the same time, let's be realistic. What you are asking isn't unreasonable, it just isn't realistic.
You obvioulsy have access to the internet, so there are websites out there designed to give you the first steps to learning Japanese. You have gotten several links. These websites have audio. They have video. They have graphics. You can SEE and HEAR the language being used. That is something no one can give you here.

But on the other side, you may hit a question that you don't have an answer to. "Why do I use GA with SUKI and not WA?" Well, THEN you can come back here and ask, and we can give you the answer.

You have all the players, but just need to put them in the right order, alright? You don't expect your goalie to score the goals and your forwards to block the goal, right?

Go to those websites. Go to Amazon.com or another online bookstore and order a textbook and audio CD and DVDs. Then come here with all your questions.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-31-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasomi View Post
As they said, Dymaz, start with the beginning. And you must not give up just because you can't have Japanese lessons. I don't have any here, and I find Japanese fun. If you really are motivated, you'll get over this obstacle.

It is true MMM that you can't really expect learning Japanese here, because we can't hear anything, but we can at least ask for help. I literally translated Yoroshiku onegaishimasu from French to English, but in the moment I couldn't come up with the cultural equivalent. I don't remember where I found it, but the translation wasn't good either. In French, thinking about it, we say an equivalent of Nice to meet you (Enchanté de faire votre connaissance, for the ones that speak French).

それでは、ごめんなさい、MMMさん。

I think I have more things to learn before helping people around. Thank you for you kindness. At least, you weren't harsh (well, didn't seem to be).
You don't need to apologize, and I am glad you saw that I wasn't meaning to be harsh.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Kasomi (Offline)
Languages Addict

Send a message via MSN to Kasomi
10-31-2007, 06:03 PM

I know that if you wanted, you could have been harsh, but from previous post I read from you in the Forum, I know you weren't. You only want people to understand that the best way to learning isn't on the forum, and I understand why you said it. You intentions were pure, let's say

僕は静かな見物人なんだよ。
すべてを見て、聞いているよ。

Sème le vent, récolte la tempête;
Sème le bonheur, tu récolteras l'amour.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Dymaz (Offline)
New to JF

10-31-2007, 07:51 PM

MMM, when you say "i dont know where this attitude is coming from"
i understand it as your saying my attitude was bad, then i apologize, cause i didn`t mean it in a bad, way you know my english isn`t well and i have to translate from danish to english, and still get the same message with the translation... im sry for the misunderstanding. no really im happy there even is a forum with people that want to help, and im sry if i misunderstood you saying, its just im new here, and don`t know you, and from the first experience with reading your post they seemed negative(again i have to translate the english to danish), but now i get it, im sry for i misunderstood you. - and i can see you tryed to help, that wasn`t really clear for me before, im sry
and i think i know where to go now, thanks to some here^^.
and again MMM im sry i misunderstood you.

over and out - bye^^
(#30 (permalink))
Old
NakamuraYumi (Offline)
New to JF

hmm.. - 11-01-2007, 01:24 PM

I get you point of view MMM.
But still.. It's our problem then ? Right?

Baka, baka, baka, baka !