(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nattybumppo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-26-2007, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
There isn't one. It's a typo.
No, I don't think it's a typo, if it popped up in several places consistently. I think it's a simplified version of the 事 character that looks like 未. Besides, that many typos in the Japanese in a Square Enix game would be unusual.

Edit: The connection is that they look very slightly similar. At least, 未 probably looks more similar to 事 than any other kanji in their simplified (possibly 8x8) font set.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
kaoken (Offline)
New to JF

11-26-2007, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattybumppo View Post
No, I don't think it's a typo, if it popped up in several places consistently. I think it's a simplified version of the 事 character that looks like 未. Besides, that many typos in the Japanese in a Square Enix game would be unusual.

Edit: The connection is that they look very slightly similar. At least, 未 probably looks more similar to 事 than any other kanji in their simplified (possibly 8x8) font set.
That's quite an interesting theory, but I've seen very complex kanji in that game. If it didn't fit I think the normal thing to do would just use hiragana. *remembers good old snes days where kanji wasn't even possible haha. The possible reason for it getting repeated everywhere is that they have a table of kanji and they just call the character from that table and voila, duplication.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-26-2007, 05:15 AM

Aha...I see. Now it's starting to make sense. What an interesting problem to have come up.