JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/)
-   -   Translation of 仕未 (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-language-help/9978-translation-%E4%BB%95%E6%9C%AA.html)

kaoken 11-26-2007 12:37 AM

Translation of 仕未

Hi I just registered for this forum. I saw this word in a game and can't find it's definition or it's reading anywhere. Thank you kindly.

MMM 11-26-2007 12:50 AM

Me neither.

Nattybumppo 11-26-2007 03:16 AM

Are you sure it's not 仕末? If so, it's probably a typo of 始末(しまつ). But if it's 仕未, like you wrote, then... it's probably a worse typo of 始末. Neither compound is actually a proper word.

MMM 11-26-2007 03:26 AM

It could be a made-up word if it is from a game.

Nattybumppo 11-26-2007 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 309095)
It could be a made-up word if it is from a game.

What's the game, OP? I think the OP is mistyping it; there are no game-related hits for it on Google.

kaoken 11-26-2007 03:43 AM

I saw it in FFTA 2.

exp 1:
ホントに,
パブで仕未さがすんだ。食べたり飲んだり
するところって感じだから,
なんか意外だな。

exp 2:
よう。
新しい仕未,
見にきたのかい?

exp 3:
わ,わたしが選んだ人材,
気に入らなかったあ~る…!?…ぐむむ。しかたない。
これもわたしの仕未であ~る!

These are all from that game. There are more example usages of it if you want.

Nattybumppo 11-26-2007 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaoken (Post 309112)
I saw it in FFTA 2.

exp 1:
ホントに,
パブで仕未さがすんだ。食べたり飲んだり
するところって感じだから,
なんか意外だな。

exp 2:
よう。
新しい仕未,
見にきたのかい?

exp 3:
わ,わたしが選んだ人材,
気に入らなかったあ~る…!?…ぐむむ。しかたない。
これもわたしの仕未であ~る!

These are all from that game. There are more example usages of it if you want.

I dunno if it's a typo or what, but those are all supposed to be 仕事(しごと). I even looked up the quotes, and they're typed on FFTA2 pages with 仕事 instead of 仕未.

kaoken 11-26-2007 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nattybumppo (Post 309120)
I dunno if it's a typo or what, but those are all supposed to be 仕事(しごと). I even looked up the quotes, and they're typed on FFTA2 pages with 仕事 instead of 仕未.

Ah you are right my friend. I've been on a wild goose chase for a quite a while. I can sleep easy tonight haha. The weird thing is I've tried searching google and this word seems to be used, albeit not very often. Thanks for clearing that up, I dunno why i didn't think of searching for the quotes.

Nattybumppo 11-26-2007 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaoken (Post 309125)
Ah you are right my friend. I've been on a wild goose chase for a quite a while. I can sleep easy tonight haha. The weird thing is I've tried searching google and this word seems to be used, albeit not very often. Thanks for clearing that up, I dunno why i didn't think of searching for the quotes.

I think they're just using 未 as an impromptu simplified version of 事, since the 事 kanji is too small to fit into their fontset. I've seen similar simplifications before, although it's the first time for this particular one.

AichiAlex 11-26-2007 04:16 AM

That's really wierd eh, I've heard of a game doing that :O