JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
deckoff8 (Offline)
New to JF

Help finding a movie - 07-20-2008, 03:52 PM

Hi, had no where else to turn so I figure I would try this forum. I think it was in 1995, when I flew from America to Tokyo and on the plane they showed a movie. I've been sporadically trying to find the movie but have had no success so far, but hopefully this time is different.

The movie is about this school girl who meets this guy in a record store. I think he works there, maybe he's just a musician who was there, I forget. He lets her borrow a record, and the basic plot of the movie is that she's trying to return the record to him, and is in love with him. Throughout the movie you see her classmate trying to hit on her, and her refusing because she's in love with the guy who gave her the record.

Also in the movie, you see what the guy is doing now. I fairly distinctly remember a scene where he's sitting with a woman outside an art exhibit (I think), and it's night and they're just talking about life. I think he works as a janitor or the guy who fixes the lightbulbs or some other low level job to that degree.

Anyways, at the end, the girl finally sees the guy as he's riding by on a bike, and she realizes that he's just some guy, not the amazing person she built him up to be. So you see her riding back on the train, and the classmate she's been rejecting all along talks to her, and now she laughs and flirts back with him, to show that she has gotten over the past.

I know it's not very detailed and it was a long time ago, but this is the best shot I have of finding this movie. Thanks for the time.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
07-20-2008, 04:03 PM

do you have any more clue??

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-20-2008, 05:27 PM

Is it an American movie or Japanese movie....
(#4 (permalink))
Old
deckoff8 (Offline)
New to JF

07-21-2008, 01:54 PM

someone on another forum found it, thanks for the replies