(#1 (permalink))
Old
SeeD (Offline)
poke me i dare you

Send a message via MSN to SeeD
Akira: The Hollywood Movie - 02-22-2008, 12:15 AM

news from Akira: The Hollywood Movie : Japan Probe

Quote:
A live action version of the popular anime movie Akira is coming, and it will be produced by Leonardo DiCaprio:

With its mature themes and cutting-edge animation, “Akira” was a milestone movie in anime and mainstream animation circles, leading the way for anime to make inroads into Western pop culture in the 1990s.

The new story, which DiCaprio will produce for Warner Bros., ideally would be a two-part epic, with the first movie coming out next summer. The action will move to “New Manhattan,” a city rebuilt by Japanese money.
i dont know if DiCaprio is also playin in that movie, but to be honest i dont see him in any of the main roles...

btw who should play roles of Kaneda and Tetsuo any propositions ?

you dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Family:
My personnal puppet master - Suki
Brother - Thunda, pandayanyan
Little Sisters - Hoshichan, Ayame90, cassiechan, QuoyaNatsume, MusicLuver, Sachiko
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-22-2008, 12:44 AM

This is great news! You know the Japanese turn out really rubbish films such as Godzilla, Ring, Dark Water and The Grudge, but thankfully the Americans turn them into films really worth watching. Personally I'm looking forward to a Hollywood version of Visitor Q.

Last edited by Haggis : 02-22-2008 at 12:46 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-22-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
This is great news! You know the Japanese turn out really rubbish films such as Godzilla, Ring, Dark Water and The Grudge, but thankfully the Americans turn them into films really worth watching. Personally I'm looking forward to a Hollywood version of Visitor Q.
I think this is the first time I have heard anyone say they like the American remakes better...

The Grudge was practically the same movie... (same director, same actors)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-22-2008, 12:59 AM

It's so difficult to portray sarcasm on the internet isn't it?

But generally I don't think Live action versions of Anime work well anyway, Crying Freeman was better (the anime version was really poor though) but I hear about live action versions of anime such as Perfect Blue, think how wonderful they must be, and then read the reviews. Not good apparantly.

Last edited by Haggis : 02-22-2008 at 01:08 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-22-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
It's so difficult to portray sarcasm on the internet isn't it?

But generally I don't think Live action versions of Anime work well anyway, Crying Freeman was better (the anime version was really poor though) but I hear about live action versions of anime such as Perfect Blue, think how wonderful they must be, and then read the reviews. Not good apparantly.
You scared me Haggis!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

02-22-2008, 01:51 AM

it makes you a bit curious to see how their going to adapt an anime to the big screen especially one like AKIRA

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#7 (permalink))
Old
hentailover92 (Offline)
i am not a perv

Send a message via AIM to hentailover92
02-22-2008, 01:52 AM

wow this movies is gonna be hella gory if they make it real
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-22-2008, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
it makes you a bit curious to see how their going to adapt an anime to the big screen especially one like AKIRA
exactly...I really can't picture anything other than a 100% CG mash-up...and what's the point of that?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

02-22-2008, 02:06 AM

yes exactly. thats what i was imagining when i read this. but it would also be pretty cool if they made it like they made 300 or minority report. idk for some reason i could see leo playing a lead role. after that last movie he was in with jack nicholson ive started to see his acting

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#10 (permalink))
Old
SeeD (Offline)
poke me i dare you

Send a message via MSN to SeeD
02-22-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
american version of Dark Water was worst remake I ever seen in my life i think it was like some kind of comedy...

btw back on track.. AKIRA ;] i also cant imagine this movie in other way than 100% CGI... to put in that movie spirit of the anime version they gonna have to make real miracle. and i really hope that there will be no veteran actors there it would be great if that film was fresh and diffrent from all of this crap what is called movies today. The best thing what could happen is AKIRA is a great succes and there is big come back of SCI-FI movies with great scenarios like Blade Runner or even movies like Gattaca or Equilibrium. ;]

you dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Family:
My personnal puppet master - Suki
Brother - Thunda, pandayanyan
Little Sisters - Hoshichan, Ayame90, cassiechan, QuoyaNatsume, MusicLuver, Sachiko