JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ChibiCherry (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Suicide club - 02-27-2008, 06:47 PM

Ok i want to see Suicide club but when i saw the trailer i got scared I mean really i got sick when i saw the printer thing but anyway i want to know if anyone has seen the movie and is it GOOD?? Should i check it out or what? TELL ME cause i want too know
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
02-27-2008, 07:25 PM

Its not really scary or very suspenseful, however it is macabre blood bath almost to the point of being comedic. As a whole it feels incomplete, like the director want to add too much and didn't refine what he had already.

I consider it to be an art film, that tries to comment on Japanese suicide rates, and how fads spread among the young. Not the greatest film, but I feel its worth watching.
(Unless you are squeamish!.)

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
and the rest of my family in the
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#3 (permalink))
Old
CrystalTear (Offline)
Ninjaaa

02-27-2008, 07:31 PM

Yeah I saw that trailer too, it scared the hell out of me.... So I really want to see the movie! xD
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SavageJapan (Offline)
New to JF

Location: Colorado, USA, but on my way soon to Aichi Prefecture in Japan
02-27-2008, 08:00 PM

What is wrong with watching happy movies?

If you are in need of an adrenaline rush, why not take up a fun new outdoor activity, instead of sitting at home and desensitizing yourself to violence and terror on your living room couch?

If the marketing of something makes you sick to watch it, hmmm....
maybe the product is not something that you really "need" in your life.

Just a thought. :-)

Dan Savage
www.SavageJapanMovieReviews.com
Japanese Film Reviews targeted for Japan enthusiasts, Japanese movie fans, & those seeking good films to practice basic Japanese listening skills.
www.JapanPodcasters.com
The Internet’s only dedicated directory and review resource for consistently produced Japan Podcasts.

Last edited by SavageJapan : 02-27-2008 at 09:44 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ChibiCherry (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-28-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalTear View Post
Yeah I saw that trailer too, it scared the hell out of me.... So I really want to see the movie! xD
I'm with you CrystalTear
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Masato (Offline)
dog

02-28-2008, 06:10 PM

OMFG.

I LOVE THAT MOVIE.

It's really bloody, and weird, and all this crazy shit happens, but I like it.
A lot.
A whole lot.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Shinigamisaku (Offline)
lonely in gorgeous

02-28-2008, 06:50 PM

omg! that movie was so good...(it put my son to sleep>> dont know how) it was awesome(if your in to gore and stuff)..but i totally loved it^^
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Immortalxpoison (Offline)
New to JF

Location: In a place where those around me will never understand everything that I do.
Send a message via AIM to Immortalxpoison Send a message via Yahoo to Immortalxpoison
03-11-2008, 04:53 PM

Well my friend put it in one night while we had a sleepover so i ended up seeing it. i had never heard of the movie before but it was simply amazing; however I suggest that if you are not into the gory guts kind of movies(you know the ones that deal with a bunch of death) don't watch it.

But! I am into that sort of thing, I find it all so amusing so I thought that the movie was simply amazing and the end is just sooooo awesome. It really made me think, the plot to it has a real meaning as well. it's not just some random movie abuot suicide.

"Vile deeds like poison weeds bloom well in prison air, it is only what is good in man, that wastes and withers there. " -Oscar Wilde
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Sinner (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to Sinner
03-11-2008, 05:26 PM

I've never seen it, but I want to very much!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-12-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageJapan View Post
What is wrong with watching happy movies?

If you are in need of an adrenaline rush, why not take up a fun new outdoor activity, instead of sitting at home and desensitizing yourself to violence and terror on your living room couch?

If the marketing of something makes you sick to watch it, hmmm....
maybe the product is not something that you really "need" in your life.

Just a thought. :-)
Maybe you missed the little details where some human beings are graced with the attraction to what scares them, what disturbs them, what doesn't look nice.

You obviously haven't seen the movie either. The movie's violence and gore is done in such a comedic and almost tacky way that it's a little hard to take seriously. It's not going for realism at all.

I own this movie and I like it a lot. I bought the Danger After Dark collection off amazon a few weeks ago. It contained Suicide Club.

It's worth seeing. If you have any desire to see the movie - for whatever reason then you'll enjoy seeing it.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.