JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Movies & TV (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/)
-   -   Who out there watches Japanese TV shows? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/13664-who-out-there-watches-japanese-tv-shows.html)

bliinvisible 03-24-2008 04:29 PM

Who out there watches Japanese TV shows?

I watch them on a regular basis and I was wondering if any of you have favorites like me.

My favorites so far are:

Kimi wa petto
GTO (i love the manga and anime as well)
Hana Yori Dango
Hana Kimi
Stand Up!

How about you guys?

Kyousuke 03-24-2008 04:35 PM

i watch Shindoi from japanTV i think it was called. funniest show ever.

bliinvisible 03-24-2008 10:42 PM

I have never heard of that one.

I do like watching their game shows though. One of my favorites is Tokyo Friend Park.

Lazarus 03-24-2008 11:56 PM

Unfortunately, Japanese Tv isn't shown in the UK, even on cable.
Is there somewhere to watch them online?

Refinnej 03-25-2008 12:48 AM

I just watch Japanese shows online. I don't even know the name of the shows, I just click from one to another. My favorites are the pranks.

bliinvisible 03-25-2008 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus (Post 436035)
Unfortunately, Japanese Tv isn't shown in the UK, even on cable.
Is there somewhere to watch them online?

most definitely. There are a few ways to watch.

You can go on youtube or myspace and just try searching for them if you know what you want to watch. Same thing goes for Veoh tv. You download veoh to your computer and it allows you to watch streaming video... you dont have to download the actually shows or movies.

You can also go to Watch Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese Drama and Movie online! that is a mecca of japanese, korean and tawainese tv shows.

Japanese Drama Home :: jdorama.com is an awesome resource to tell you actors and actresses and what they are in. If you like one particular actor for example you can search the name and it will pull up everything they have been in with descriptions. By doing that you can either search them through youtube, myspace and veoh or just pull them up from Watch Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese Drama and Movie online!

all of it is recommended and is what i use to watch them. :)

Katchan6 03-25-2008 04:49 AM

i get japanese dvds from either this company that sends japanese show to you (anywhere in australia), or my grandma :)

PhantomXAngel33 03-26-2008 12:51 AM

I Absoutly LOVE Hana Kimi, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note. Great shows and manga. Check it out. ^^

bliinvisible 03-26-2008 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomXAngel33 (Post 436916)
I Absoutly LOVE Hana Kimi, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note. Great shows and manga. Check it out. ^^

I don't watch a lot of the mainstream anime that comes out these days. It just doesn't capture my attention. But the live action hana kimi is amazing!

Kaio 03-26-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliinvisible (Post 436228)
most definitely. There are a few ways to watch.

You can go on youtube or myspace and just try searching for them if you know what you want to watch. Same thing goes for Veoh tv. You download veoh to your computer and it allows you to watch streaming video... you dont have to download the actually shows or movies.

You can also go to Watch Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese Drama and Movie online! that is a mecca of japanese, korean and tawainese tv shows.

Japanese Drama Home :: jdorama.com is an awesome resource to tell you actors and actresses and what they are in. If you like one particular actor for example you can search the name and it will pull up everything they have been in with descriptions. By doing that you can either search them through youtube, myspace and veoh or just pull them up from Watch Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese Drama and Movie online!

all of it is recommended and is what i use to watch them. :)

I like comedy more than drama but there seemed to be some good movies on that site so thanks for the link :)

Gaki no Tsukai's my favourite comedy show. They have such great stuff. I'm bit of a sadist so I like their punishing games.