JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Movies & TV (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/)
-   -   Who out there watches Japanese TV shows? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/13664-who-out-there-watches-japanese-tv-shows.html)

bliinvisible 03-24-2008 04:29 PM

Who out there watches Japanese TV shows?

I watch them on a regular basis and I was wondering if any of you have favorites like me.

My favorites so far are:

Kimi wa petto
GTO (i love the manga and anime as well)
Hana Yori Dango
Hana Kimi
Stand Up!

How about you guys?

Kyousuke 03-24-2008 04:35 PM

i watch Shindoi from japanTV i think it was called. funniest show ever.

bliinvisible 03-24-2008 10:42 PM

I have never heard of that one.

I do like watching their game shows though. One of my favorites is Tokyo Friend Park.

Lazarus 03-24-2008 11:56 PM

Unfortunately, Japanese Tv isn't shown in the UK, even on cable.
Is there somewhere to watch them online?

Refinnej 03-25-2008 12:48 AM

I just watch Japanese shows online. I don't even know the name of the shows, I just click from one to another. My favorites are the pranks.

bliinvisible 03-25-2008 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus (Post 436035)
Unfortunately, Japanese Tv isn't shown in the UK, even on cable.
Is there somewhere to watch them online?

most definitely. There are a few ways to watch.

You can go on youtube or myspace and just try searching for them if you know what you want to watch. Same thing goes for Veoh tv. You download veoh to your computer and it allows you to watch streaming video... you dont have to download the actually shows or movies.

You can also go to Watch Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese Drama and Movie online! that is a mecca of japanese, korean and tawainese tv shows.

Japanese Drama Home :: jdorama.com is an awesome resource to tell you actors and actresses and what they are in. If you like one particular actor for example you can search the name and it will pull up everything they have been in with descriptions. By doing that you can either search them through youtube, myspace and veoh or just pull them up from Watch Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese Drama and Movie online!

all of it is recommended and is what i use to watch them. :)

Katchan6 03-25-2008 04:49 AM

i get japanese dvds from either this company that sends japanese show to you (anywhere in australia), or my grandma :)

PhantomXAngel33 03-26-2008 12:51 AM

I Absoutly LOVE Hana Kimi, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note. Great shows and manga. Check it out. ^^

bliinvisible 03-26-2008 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomXAngel33 (Post 436916)
I Absoutly LOVE Hana Kimi, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note. Great shows and manga. Check it out. ^^

I don't watch a lot of the mainstream anime that comes out these days. It just doesn't capture my attention. But the live action hana kimi is amazing!

Kaio 03-26-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliinvisible (Post 436228)
most definitely. There are a few ways to watch.

You can go on youtube or myspace and just try searching for them if you know what you want to watch. Same thing goes for Veoh tv. You download veoh to your computer and it allows you to watch streaming video... you dont have to download the actually shows or movies.

You can also go to Watch Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese Drama and Movie online! that is a mecca of japanese, korean and tawainese tv shows.

Japanese Drama Home :: jdorama.com is an awesome resource to tell you actors and actresses and what they are in. If you like one particular actor for example you can search the name and it will pull up everything they have been in with descriptions. By doing that you can either search them through youtube, myspace and veoh or just pull them up from Watch Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese Drama and Movie online!

all of it is recommended and is what i use to watch them. :)

I like comedy more than drama but there seemed to be some good movies on that site so thanks for the link :)

Gaki no Tsukai's my favourite comedy show. They have such great stuff. I'm bit of a sadist so I like their punishing games.

ShintoCanadianmale 03-26-2008 10:06 PM

i am watching kinpachi-sensei

Katchan6 03-26-2008 10:29 PM

OMG really? the latest season?
me too! :O i thought no one was watching it!

animelover32 03-27-2008 01:37 AM

I've seen a couple episodes from 'Ayu Ready' (Ayumi Hamasaki's old show), but it's hard to find complete episodes of it.

bliinvisible 03-27-2008 01:59 AM

I forgot to mention two of my favorites: Orange Days and Nana

i wish they would come out with the third nana already. I really liked it.

and I am currently finishing the Ace Wo Nerae series.

Katchan6 03-27-2008 07:55 AM

:O they're making a third nana?? awesome ^^
LOL i watched the first 5 mins of ace wo nerae... i didnt really like it

emiluvsjmusic 03-27-2008 09:46 AM

hana kimi is :rheart:!!

bliinvisible 03-27-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katchan6 (Post 437984)
:O they're making a third nana?? awesome ^^
LOL i watched the first 5 mins of ace wo nerae... i didnt really like it

I dont know if they are making a third Nana or not... but I hope they do because they left you in such a weird place at the end of the second one. I have no idea whats going on! lol

as for ace... it's not bad. I think in order to give any drama a fair chance you have to watch at least 2 episodes. Sometimes the good stuff doesnt start until later. :)

ShintoCanadianmale 03-27-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katchan6 (Post 437767)
OMG really? the latest season?
me too! :O i thought no one was watching it!

season six it is on dailymotion dot com that's the only season available to watch

shoujobeat 03-27-2008 06:19 PM

I love J dramas currently I'm watching RH Plus** a shouen ai drama** based on this vampire yaoi manga**the guys are soo hott**:rheart: :rheart:

Kyousuke 03-27-2008 06:42 PM

i usually get my Japanese shows from Veoh.com just type in shindoi or hana kimi or whatever and it should be their.

persiandragon 03-27-2008 06:54 PM

i don't watch tv shows but i do watch some jdramas.

currently watching Yukan Club, Kurosagi, hana kimi at the moment.

finished watching:
Your under arrest
stand up!
cats eye
pride
gto
Hero
and a few others.

hope to watch

detective academy q
koshinion
attack # 1

Katchan6 03-27-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliinvisible (Post 438082)
I dont know if they are making a third Nana or not... but I hope they do because they left you in such a weird place at the end of the second one. I have no idea whats going on! lol

you should read the manga then ^_^ its really good

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliinvisible (Post 438082)
as for ace... it's not bad. I think in order to give any drama a fair chance you have to watch at least 2 episodes. Sometimes the good stuff doesnt start until later. :)

lol yeah :p but it was on an old tape...
i dont really like shows to so with sport anyway, except for Major. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShintoCanadianmale (Post 438249)
season six it is on dailymotion dot com that's the only season available to watch

ohh. i think im watching season 8 or 7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by persiandragon (Post 438303)
i don't watch tv shows but i do watch some jdramas.
currently watching Yukan Club, Kurosagi, hana kimi at the moment.

i think im gonna start watching yukan club, is it good?

LolitaLover 03-27-2008 10:44 PM

Stand up and a lot more but im at work can't remember the names, about 200 gig of em. lol

ryu2141 03-27-2008 10:44 PM

the best place to watch japanese, chinese, korean and other asian shows is on the web... a really good site is "crunchyroll.com" tis amazing and free!
they do anime, drama, music, tv shows etc.

i love it! :rheart: :rheart:

shoujobeat 03-28-2008 12:06 AM

I don't know why but i'm not into english dramas for some reason, the only dramas I watch are japanese and korean, other then that I don't bother with the english much:rheart:

HaipaKun 03-28-2008 12:32 AM

XD I watch japanese television shows. Although I am Japanese and live in Japan.

persiandragon 03-28-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katchan6 (Post 438520)

i think im gonna start watching yukan club, is it good?

I think the show is great. espicially episode 2 or 3. it has comedy and action.

bliinvisible 03-28-2008 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoujobeat (Post 438612)
I don't know why but i'm not into english dramas for some reason, the only dramas I watch are japanese and korean, other then that I don't bother with the english much:rheart:

I am the same way. I find them more entertaining than the stupid B.S. dramas in the US.

shoujobeat 03-28-2008 04:30 PM

American's suck!!! and J/K dramas rock!!! n_~

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliinvisible (Post 438810)
I am the same way. I find them more entertaining than the stupid B.S. dramas in the US.

so true they're boing, and the J-dramas have way more hotter guys:rheart: then the U.S and Canadian ones, they suck!!!:p

I'm watching Hana-Kimi right know, and Devil beside you :rheart:

bliinvisible 03-31-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoujobeat (Post 439139)
so true they're boing, and the J-dramas have way more hotter guys:rheart: then the U.S and Canadian ones, they suck!!!:p

I'm watching Hana-Kimi right know, and Devil beside you :rheart:

Ah hah hah hah hah hah! so true! They are hotter!!!!!

I just went to see the movie 21 that just came out in America about the card counters.... there was a pretty hot asian guy in there... he was my very character... not because he was asian.. just because he was silly and stole things for no reason. lol its was great.

kikure 03-31-2008 04:12 PM

I watch Hard Gay and all sorts of anime

Akira303 04-09-2008 01:45 PM

I watch Asn Tv at my house so I just record all my favorite Japanese shows, etc

chippedwings17 04-16-2008 07:19 PM

Omg i love Japanese shows!!
my 2 fav right now are
Ninja warrior and Banzuke !!!
I love thoes you get 2 watch hot guys and some dumb americans make fools of themselves xD lolz :happypika:

Aurychan92 04-20-2008 11:11 AM

:ywave: i've seen so far :hana kimi,hana yori dango,virgin snow,loving you,love so virgin and romantic princess(this is taiwanese)

forgotenmemory 04-20-2008 02:52 PM

Does Ninja Warrior count? But I no longer watch it. v_v

Osamukundesu 04-20-2008 03:35 PM

Hmm, I can't get enough of at the moment: Gaki no tsukai! :D I also watch Utaban and I also watch a bit of Ayu Ready...

Although, I don't have any Jchannels, so I have been subjected to watching everything on youtube :) but I kinda prefer it as it is on demand :) despite this, I would still like some Jchannels on tv to see the newer programs which I haven't yet seen....

Hard Gay was entertained for a while back a lot, but it kinda died down for me unfortunately... it just become far too repetitive, but I don't think I just speak for myself when I say this? :/

Nki 04-20-2008 03:40 PM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by chippedwings17 (Post 462562)
Omg i love Japanese shows!!
my 2 fav right now are
Ninja warrior and Banzuke !!!
I love thoes you get 2 watch hot guys and some dumb americans make fools of themselves xD lolz :happypika:

NINJA WARRIOR RULES!!! :D
Sometimes I laugh for several minutes. sometimes I´m really impressed with the skills of the warriors.... GREAT SHOW!!!

Anveena 02-01-2009 02:10 PM

Currently im watching Seigi no Mikata. It rly depends... if i find something interesting i usually watch it

kyo_9 02-01-2009 02:47 PM

I really like FUKAI HANASHI and SHABEKURI 007..