JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
01-17-2010, 03:13 PM

*Sighs* Sucks Nagoyankee isn't here. He always informs us about when this show airs in Japan. I like watching the Japanese version now. No cuts! And Oomori still runs the course! Has Ninja Warrior 23 air here in the states yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
I think Ninja Warrior is great. I prefer the womens version to the mens though, as it looks like the men have been preparing for months, even if they haven't. Also, the womens version seems to be more for the public of the street, with a little training.
Original Sasuke focuses on muscle/strength (which men, stereotypically, have more of than women) while Kunoichi focuses on balance (something women are stereotypically, associated with being better with, along with flexibility, supposedly). That's why both are so different.
(#122 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-21-2010, 03:18 AM

Wow, just found out that Sasuke 25 will be airing on TBS on March 28 at 7:00 (JST). I hope Keyhole works for me so that I can watch it.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

09-09-2010, 09:56 AM

Anyone here know when Sasuke 26 will air or know where I could look to find info on it?
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

09-09-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Anyone here know when Sasuke 26 will air or know where I could look to find info on it?
I don't think TBS has announced that yet. If I were you I would check its website once in a while from now on.

I would predict early October, though, perhaps around the 3-day Physical Ed. Day weekend.
(#125 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

09-10-2010, 09:02 AM

For Sasuke 23 (or was it 24?) last year, it was sometime in late September, but who knows. I guess I should just frequent the TBS site. That's one station I do get on my television...erm, I think. I'm pretty sure. lol

I wonder if where I am might effect what time it'll come on. It's not like it's a live show or anything.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 09-10-2010 at 09:17 AM.
(#126 (permalink))
Old
x2cool (Offline)
LawBringerSR2

Send a message via AIM to x2cool
09-10-2010, 05:59 PM

If you want to watch Nina warrior, G4tv always shows it. They even have Most episodes on demand. It's kind of funny watching the three Americans who they send to japan lose.
(#127 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

09-11-2010, 11:50 AM

In all honesty, I don't have much of an interest in seeing "Ninja Warrior". I'd rather watch Sasuke. At least if watching Sasuke, you can see all of the competitors, which may sometimes include other Americans outside of whoever G4 sends over, who will more than likely be conveniently left out for Ninja Warrior's showing. I also notice that sometimes, the competitors end up running the course out of order...for example, maybe competitor..um...50 might end up running after competitor 65 or something. I always found that strange.

"Ninja Warrior" cuts too much stuff out for my liking. Like for Sasuke 23 (24?), I found out that Oomori still runs the course after all these years. Earlier showings of Ninja Warrior have him, but after a while, they just stopped showing him and can't help but wonder if he's been running it the whole time. They even cut out what's his face...um...Yamada (Mr. Sasuke/Mr. Ninja Warrior) in the last showing I saw for Ninja Warrior. How in the world could they cut him out? I mean, he's one of the All Stars who's participated in pretty much every competition (almost) since he first tried it. That would be like cutting out Yamamoto Shingo, who is also another Sasuke/Ninja Warrior, legend, as he, to date, has participated in every single one.

So yeah....Sasuke > Ninja Warrior. I want to see everything, not what they pick for us to see and that includes other participants who might just happen to be American that aren't associated with G4, like that guy who participated in one of the 2008 ones, iirc. I do thank G4 for introducing me to the series, though, as if it hadn't been for G4, I'd have never known of the existence of Sasuke and wouldn't have started watching it. But looking at Sasuke, I can't bring myself to even consider going back to Ninja Warrior (not that I could since I'm in Japan anyway).

Edit: Just noticed a pattern. For the last competition, Sasuke came on at 7:00 pm on TBS on March 28 (last Sunday in March). The comp before it came on September 27 at 7:00 pm on TBS (also the last Sunday of the month). If this is truly a pattern, then maybe the upcoming competition will air on September 26 at 7:00.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 09-11-2010 at 12:07 PM.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

09-27-2010, 12:53 PM

Bad News for Us:

There is now a rumor that there will not be a SASUKE Fall 2010. This may well be true because the last competition had the worst rating in the history of SASUKE.
(#129 (permalink))
Old
x2cool (Offline)
LawBringerSR2

Send a message via AIM to x2cool
09-27-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimister View Post
Bad News for Us:

There is now a rumor that there will not be a SASUKE Fall 2010. This may well be true because the last competition had the worst rating in the history of SASUKE.
Could it be that maybe peope are starting to get bored of it? I mean it's the same thing every time isn't ? It sucks though, I really lime that show. Hope they do one this year.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

09-28-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2cool View Post
Could it be that maybe peope are starting to get bored of it? I mean it's the same thing every time isn't ? It sucks though, I really lime that show. Hope they do one this year.
It was the time slot, actually, I think. It was up against that ice skating competition (and something else was on), and more people were watching that as opposed to Sasuke. It was just bad timing, I think.