JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
IonFortuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to IonFortuna Send a message via Skype™ to IonFortuna
06-14-2008, 03:56 AM

#20 was on tonight, actually it is after midnight now!!!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
kawaiitori (Offline)
JF Regular

06-25-2008, 06:55 PM

I love sasuke! I want nagano to beat the corse! I want to try stage one but I'd be way to short for the warped wall... that is if I Could get that far ^_^

kawaii tori

^_^
(#13 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
06-25-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura View Post
Shingo is cool, but he's not had all that much luck recently.
I know. It so sucks too! I wish he'd get back to the final stage again. I wish him luck for tournament 21.
Quote:
Katsumi Yamada.......I really looked up to him. But his obsession with Sasuke is kinda out there. I wonder, is he still married? I hope he is.
In one of the tournaments...I think the 8th one, they showed him writing a letter to his family. I'm not sure if the translation was accurate, but it said something along the lines of his not being a very good father or husband due to his, imo, unnatural obsession with the game. For that one, his family refused to go watch him participate, apparently.

For one of them, when he lost his job, instead of looking for a new one, he spent his six months training for the upcoming tournament.
Quote:
Makoto Nagano rules. I really was suprised in this last tournament though. He may have gotten out on the second stage but he still is awsome!
For tourney 20? Yep, I was literally out of my chair, jaw dropped when I saw he messed up on the second stage. I was like..."Nagano...no no, I'm dreaming." lol I was so sad when he lost. I really wanted him and Levi to go to stage 3 together since the guy before him lost.

Too bad Bunpei couldn't participate in tourney 20. If I recall correctly, he was sick or something. I like all of those All-Stars, although, Shingo is still my all-time favorite. I'd wave a banner with his name on it if I ever went to an actual competition. ^_^

My mother really likes Nagano. She was shocked when his height was mentioned. She was like, "He's that small?" My father likes Nagano as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiitori View Post
I love sasuke! I want nagano to beat the corse! I want to try stage one but I'd be way to short for the warped wall... that is if I Could get that far ^_^
He has beaten it before. He won the 17th competition. So far Nagano and Akiyama are the only two to have ever beaten the entire thing. IMO, because of Nagano's win, that's why they made the first stage, imo, so incredibly difficult now.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 06-25-2008 at 11:52 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
scen (Offline)
lolololol

Send a message via MSN to scen
06-26-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I know. It so sucks too! I wish he'd get back to the final stage again. I wish him luck for tournament 21.In one of the tournaments...I think the 8th one, they showed him writing a letter to his family. I'm not sure if the translation was accurate, but it said something along the lines of his not being a very good father or husband due to his, imo, unnatural obsession with the game. For that one, his family refused to go watch him participate, apparently.

For one of them, when he lost his job, instead of looking for a new one, he spent his six months training for the upcoming tournament.For tourney 20? Yep, I was literally out of my chair, jaw dropped when I saw he messed up on the second stage. I was like..."Nagano...no no, I'm dreaming." lol I was so sad when he lost. I really wanted him and Levi to go to stage 3 together since the guy before him lost.

Too bad Bunpei couldn't participate in tourney 20. If I recall correctly, he was sick or something. I like all of those All-Stars, although, Shingo is still my all-time favorite. I'd wave a banner with his name on it if I ever went to an actual competition. ^_^

My mother really likes Nagano. She was shocked when his height was mentioned. She was like, "He's that small?" My father likes Nagano as well.He has beaten it before. He won the 17th competition. So far Nagano and Akiyama are the only two to have ever beaten the entire thing. IMO, because of Nagano's win, that's why they made the first stage, imo, so incredibly difficult now.
seems like you have an unhealthy obsession with it too:P knowing so much.

Show is awesome though, i'd love to have a try at the course... although i'd never get past the second stage (if i could even get past the first) :P
(#15 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
06-26-2008, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scen View Post
seems like you have an unhealthy obsession with it too:P knowing so much.
lol I've been watching it too much. I watch it every night. lol The thing about my knowing about Yamada not looking for a job after losing his was mentioned by the announcer. My mother saw that one too. She complains about him every time she gets whenever she sees him. lol
Quote:
Show is awesome though, i'd love to have a try at the course... although i'd never get past the second stage (if i could even get past the first) :P
I would love to try it too...if it hadn't have been changed. lol Oh, and if I was in good shape and actually had arm strength. The curse of being a stereotypical female in this regard.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
scen (Offline)
lolololol

Send a message via MSN to scen
06-26-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
lol I've been watching it too much. I watch it every night. lol The thing about my knowing about Yamada not looking for a job after losing his was mentioned by the announcer. My mother saw that one too. She complains about him every time she gets whenever she sees him.
Lol i was joking, besides i'm not one to judge seeing as i get addicted to so many shows.

Quote:
lol I would love to try it too...if it hadn't have been changed. lol Oh, and if I was in good shape and actually had arm strength. The curse of being a stereotypical female in this regard.
Didn't they change the course for when women go on? like when it was women only Besides it doesn't matter what kind of woman you are, you'd still never beat ninja warrior (notice a woman hasn't done it yet) ;P
(#17 (permalink))
Old
SolidRaven (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to SolidRaven
06-26-2008, 02:25 PM

Actually in the womens there has been one woman who beat the course 3 times but she lost the most recent one and was gonna go for 4/4 and her name was 三宅 綾子, Miyake Ayako. She's really bad ass and is part of the Muscle Musical.

One of my favorite Kunoichi all-stars is 小宮理英, Komiya Rie even though she doesnt win at least shes really pretty.

For Sasuke, My favorite is the american guy that got to stage 3, Even nagano said that he felt that he was gonna go farther than anyone else and I do hope he returns. When I was in High school I used to do obstacle courses like some of is shown on sasuke and i need to lose some weight lol. I do like Nagano, but I wish Yamada would get past stage 1, I think hes losing it really badly. Even though he has the Solid Snake look, he's not doing that hot.

I do miss akiyama but hes focusing on more of his family which i respect that a lot.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

06-26-2008, 03:33 PM

Yeah, it was kinda weird to see that Nagano smoked. It kinda made me want to start .

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
(#19 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

06-27-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it was kinda weird to see that Nagano smoked. It kinda made me want to start .
I didn't know he smoked, until just now w hen you said it. But to be honest, I'm not surprised. Seems a lot of Japanese smoke. It's easily accessible and stuff.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
shunsukes1fan (Offline)
MOOCOWFISH!!!!!

06-27-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Nagano smokes?

I'm so goth my black is blacker then your black