JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
YoshimiTheEthereal (Offline)
Neo-Nebula

02-12-2010, 06:18 AM

According to News and Info on the film BUNRAKU , a test showing was at California today (Feb. 11, 2010). Also, I found here: Mark Ivanir Film Photos a picture that is supposed to be of the film being filmed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bunraku.jpg (24.2 KB, 23 views)

Quote:
"And so, if you say in a beautiful rose there are thorns, in Lareine there is me, and behind that there are these guys (Emiru, Mayu, and Machi)."
~Kamijo
(Kamijo is the beautiful rose and Emiru, Mayu, and Machi are the thorns.)
(#72 (permalink))
Old
Neo-Nebula

09-12-2010, 01:39 AM

Finally! Screenshots and more info on the film! Today a trailer was shown at the Toronto International Film Festival, and Gackt was there!

I am posting links to screenshots, a synopsis, and two Gackt interviews about the film. Enjoy!

I attached the only Gackt screenshot. The bigger one can be found at one of the links to screenshots.

I have read that the film has recieved very high ratings, and my dad says he read somewhere that it got some standing ovations at Comic Con, where a trailer was shown there. Trailers will also be shown on the 14th and 17th(?) of this month at Scotia. Still no rating nor release date, though.

Screenshots:
'Bunraku': Woody Harrelson, Demi Moore, and Josh Hartnett's mustache star in a martial arts-western-noir-fantasy | EW.com

BUNRAKU Movie Images Starring Woody Harrelson, Demi Moore, Josh Hartnett

Synopsis:
News and Info on the film BUNRAKU - Bunraku pics, synopsis and small review now up at Toronto Film Festival Site

Gackt interviews:
The TIFF Midnight Madness Blog: GACKT Responds!

The TIFF Midnight Madness Blog: GACKT FACTS

More info and sources:
News and Info on the film BUNRAKU

So far, I have not found any trailers online.

What do you guys think? I think it looks really cool! I love the vibrant colors, the angles . . . even the idea of the film. I think it could be a really good movie, or a really big dissappointment. I can't wait to see it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bunraku_movie_image-3 resize to 600.jpg (76.9 KB, 17 views)

Quote:
"And so, if you say in a beautiful rose there are thorns, in Lareine there is me, and behind that there are these guys (Emiru, Mayu, and Machi)."
~Kamijo
(#73 (permalink))
Old
dodgecrates (Offline)
New to JF

09-25-2010, 07:20 AM

I wish Gackt had a bigger role, though. He is only co-starring! He should be the main character. Oh well. At least he's in it! Yay
(#74 (permalink))
Old
Neo-Nebula

09-26-2010, 03:54 PM

Yeah, but maybe this movie will get Gackt some more attention over here anyway. Maybe this will help him be in more movies here and promote him in other ways, too. Something that I don't like is that none of his music is going to be in the film. They're having someone else do the song, I think during the end credits.

There is a lot more info here News and Info on the film BUNRAKU and on YouTube, now! There is a little bit of footage of the film and of the stars talking about it, including Gackt! Go to the link and check it out! You'll have to go back a few pages on it, too.

According to Bunraku Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes the release date is December 31, 2010. I can't seem to find a date on there now, maybe I'm overlooking it, but I know I saw that before.

Quote:
~Kamijo