JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

03-22-2008, 10:45 AM

It's another thing that I think doesn't belong in the "real" world, it's probably just the way I am, I see it as ruining somethings image, the way I describe it (if you understand what I mean) is that it was a good film but not a good Transformers film, each to their own I suppose

(#22 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-22-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku8 View Post
It's another thing that I think doesn't belong in the "real" world, it's probably just the way I am, I see it as ruining somethings image, the way I describe it (if you understand what I mean) is that it was a good film but not a good Transformers film, each to their own I suppose
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was afraid they would do that when I heard about it, but I found this one really TRUE to tranformers... I thought it was great and there were so many little touches that made it for me. But yeah, each to their own I guess!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

03-22-2008, 10:49 AM

So yeah I slightly disagree with the idea of a Dragonball film, yet I still find my self anticipating it, just can't make my mind up

(#24 (permalink))
Old
Lazarus (Offline)
I eat drums for breakfast

03-22-2008, 12:53 PM

I'm sorry to be so pessimistic, but in my opinion, there is NO WAY this is going to be good .
Apparently the guy who is playing Goku (Tom Cruise's son from "War of the Worlds") isn't even wearing a wig to make his hair resemble Goku.
Also the way Dragonball has been marketed in the West seems to be predominantly towards kids, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up with a big fat "G" rating, to catch the young kids demographic.

Then again.. Chow Yun-Fat is Master Roshi, so maybe all is not lost!

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, but I just have this huge feeling that this movie is going to be embaressingly sucky...

For relaxing times, make it... Santori time.

Last edited by Lazarus : 03-22-2008 at 01:16 PM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Lazarus (Offline)
I eat drums for breakfast

03-22-2008, 01:16 PM

Actually, (sorry for the double post) the only western adaptation of a manga/anime/videogame I can think of that wasn't terrible was the second "Guyver" movie. It rocked, because of David Hayter, a.k.a Solid Snake.
And David Hayter rocks.
Does Dragonball have David Hayter?
I think not.

For relaxing times, make it... Santori time.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

03-22-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I'm sorry to be so pessimistic, but in my opinion, there is NO WAY this is going to be good .
Apparently the guy who is playing Goku (Tom Cruise's son from "War of the Worlds") isn't even wearing a wig to make his hair resemble Goku.
Also the way Dragonball has been marketed in the West seems to be predominantly towards kids, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up with a big fat "G" rating, to catch the young kids demographic.

Then again.. Chow Yun-Fat is Master Roshi, so maybe all is not lost!

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, but I just have this huge feeling that this movie is going to be embaressingly sucky...
we;; chow yun fat's role in the pirates of the carribbean wasn't that sparkling to be honest.

However, all is not lost, the producer of DB is asian and grew up with DB.

have any of you heard of the HK movie legend known as Stephen Chow, well, he's the producer and his films are pretty awesome. And so i don't beleive it'll be too bad. transformers beat down the pessimistic critics, why can't this.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
03-22-2008, 03:49 PM

HE?? GOKU?

Justin Chatwin (I)

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

03-22-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
lol, Of course he has asian habbits. DBZ is based on an old chinese folks tale. But I'm talking about looks and I think the choice is perfect. It really does suit him.
If you talked about looks then anyone could be anything in any Anime That means White people should play the majority of Anime characters.
As far as character goes, I think it should be an asian actor who plays him.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Lucyenn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-22-2008, 04:23 PM

they will mess it up

<<< TheVoteNation.com >>>
Vote For Japan at
http://www.thevotenation.com
(#30 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-22-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
If you talked about looks then anyone could be anything in any Anime That means White people should play the majority of Anime characters.
As far as character goes, I think it should be an asian actor who plays him.
That just doesn't make any sense!!! If you're gonna make a movie from an anime, you choose the person that BEST looks like the char. The habbits etc come with acting. As for all anime chars being played by white people, where are you getting that idea from? There are loads of anime's where the chars look asian or black or whatever. Not only white. But even then, that has nothing to do with anything. Chars should be played by people that look similar!
Closed Thread