JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Movies & TV (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/)
-   -   SpongeBob Popular on Japanese TV (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/2132-spongebob-popular-japanese-tv.html)

Niyusu 01-28-2007 05:35 PM

SpongeBob Popular on Japanese TV

Square and loud, SpongeBob wasn't supposed to have much chance for success in Japan, a nation famous for its love of rounded and cuddly characters like Hello Kitty and Pikachu.

But the perky, bucktoothed American cartoon character is proving the skeptics wrong. The show "SpongeBob SquarePants" attracts nearly 1.9 million Japanese households to his TV show daily...

Source: Japan Times - SpongeBob a Hit on TV in Japan

luna2 01-28-2007 06:34 PM

omg!!!!!!!! i lov sponge bob!!!!!!!!!
i lyk watchnin it everyday!!!!!!
my frends think im weird and call him a sqaure gay but i think its cool!!!!!^^

Vesperd 01-28-2007 07:51 PM

hey everyone loves spongebob! its my favourite western cartoon next to simpsons

SrilankanBoy 02-01-2007 04:07 PM

Wanna get to know sum JAPANESE FRIENDS

hi @ everyone !

my name is Chris live in Toronto . i just wanna get to know sum Japanese friends so plz if u guys like it just mail me back or add me on to ur msn tnx.. my id is jackdanieal@hotmail.com

CoolNard 02-02-2007 01:41 PM

wrong forum, person above me :P

well anyways, bk on topic.. Spongebob's gotta be the most hilarious american cartoon ever!

kainpendragon 02-02-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vesperd (Post 30866)
hey everyone loves spongebob! its my favourite western cartoon next to simpsons

not true i can't stand it the only show dumber then it is Aquateen hunger force. as i watched that show i felt my self getting dumber but the second.

Faimly guys is funny. Afro Samuri is a bloody mess but it is great. SB is on the level with barney the purple diosuar

Vesperd 02-02-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kainpendragon (Post 35586)
not true i can't stand it the only show dumber then it is Aquateen hunger force. as i watched that show i felt my self getting dumber but the second.

Faimly guys is funny. Afro Samuri is a bloody mess but it is great. SB is on the level with barney the purple diosuar

SB is just random, cracks me up everytime.. Spongebob+Patricks character's are retarded.. in a funny way, but yeah i agree there are better shows out there.. totally forgot about South Park+ Family guy.. Gomen!

FlyingDaggers 02-02-2007 07:40 PM

Spngebob is pretty funny. I think that Plankton is the best. I want him to win and blow up the city. mwahahaha. lol

SamuraiAlchemistNinja 02-02-2007 10:30 PM

I hate spongebob! That show is so dumb. But yet, I watch it on occasion...I like plankton, I wish one time he's just get the dang secret formula and then realize that noone's going to go to the chumbucket for krabby patties when they can just go to the Krusty krab for them...:rolleyes:

ashleychan 02-03-2007 02:23 PM

Hmm, Spongebob's laugh annoys me.
It's an okay show, only because fo Squidward and Patrick.