JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Movies & TV (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/)
-   -   Lucky Star? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/21998-lucky-star.html)

Ronin4hire 12-29-2008 07:50 PM

Lucky Star?

What's that anime Lucky Star about?

Is it good?

The reason I'm asking is because I found some funny Lucky Star clips on youtube when I was searching for funny shows from Japan so it seems funny... but I want to know if it's a comedy anime or is it a children's (or other genre) anime with comedy moments here and there.

Blac 12-29-2008 08:24 PM

loli doraemon

Ronin4hire 12-29-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blac (Post 653852)
loli doraemon

Huh? Is that English?

Blac 12-29-2008 08:36 PM

Doraemon i thought it is a well known anime(500+ episode i think)
i said loli doraemon because, because character designs are loli and doraemon because like doraemon it have little to no plot just random laughs

reptilesandsamurai 12-29-2008 08:49 PM

Lucky Star is along the lines of Azumanga Daioh in that the episodes are not related and it is a collection of short scenes. The humor is very much Japanese Pop culture related (how many times have you bought a manga volume only to get have and already own it).

I happen to like it a lot.

Ronin4hire 12-30-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blac (Post 653863)
Doraemon i thought it is a well known anime(500+ episode i think)
i said loli doraemon because, because character designs are loli and doraemon because like doraemon it have little to no plot just random laughs

I see... Haha I know Doraemon... but it never got released in NZ and only see it written in Hiragana when I have come accross it.

What is Loli character design? Is it really exaggerated anime? As opposed to something like Evangaleon which is more detailed and subtle.

Ronin4hire 12-30-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reptilesandsamurai (Post 653876)
Lucky Star is along the lines of Azumanga Daioh in that the episodes are not related and it is a collection of short scenes. The humor is very much Japanese Pop culture related (how many times have you bought a manga volume only to get have and already own it).

I happen to like it a lot.

I thought the humuor was my style.

I will check it out :D

SmMo 12-30-2008 02:12 PM

its so awsome ._.!

my favorite XD

slow at times tho, cant watch more than 1-2 eps at the time...

Koir 12-30-2008 02:21 PM

I've heard it referred to as the "Seinfeld of anime". I tried watching an episode of it and couldn't get past their spending over six minutes discussing the proper way of eating a cream-filled pastry *confused look*

Ronin4hire 12-31-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koir (Post 654511)
I've heard it referred to as the "Seinfeld of anime". I tried watching an episode of it and couldn't get past their spending over six minutes discussing the proper way of eating a cream-filled pastry *confused look*

Haha... I watched episode 1 and 2 the other day. That conversation was so interesting to me for some reason...

I can see why they called it the Seinfeld of anime.

That opening theme is damn annoying though!