Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
11-20-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuoyaNatsume View Post
That is one scary looking video dude!!

I did not say anything about the video... i said i love the song... the video is, unfortunately, below average and that's a pitty, since they could get a lot more airing with a good one and more people would know them and then we could talk on how great their music is... and there would be a lot of damn 13-year old fangirls running around and flooding their gigs and their music would become mainstream... and i would become bored by it, since it would be played all the time wherever i go and i would stop listening to them... mm yeah... i think i like it just the way it is!
(#313 (permalink))
Old
QuoyaNatsume (Offline)
<==========="Gimm e Sugar"

Send a message via MSN to QuoyaNatsume
11-20-2007, 08:13 PM

All I said is that it was a scary looking video especially when u 1st scroll down the page!! I could care less about anything else

MOM-Yuri Yurir-IonFortuna
Stalker To-Excessum GirlFriend to-TheUnknown
Crazy Brother-Narutocrazy101
Big Brother-SeeD
Gatekeeper-animedude3 -Tasty Cream Pie To-Diru0gaze
Son-Thunda Talkative romantic brother-Powermad147
Auntie-tiki808 Auntie to-Eiri& ML
Kittie w/ Wings-Hoshichan 'ly Camera Vixen- Pjok
+~Member of the Tenjho Tenge Clan
Member-Maya Natsume+~
Member of the THE PERVY CLUB!!
~+MeMbEr Of ThE VaMpIrE cLaN+~
(#314 (permalink))
Old
InsaneDoll (Offline)
trve metal pygmy

11-29-2007, 12:22 PM

Crematory is pretty much lame nowadays. or at least with the Revolution album .. they changed their style and it`s not worth it.

Within Temptation also sucks ass with the Mother Earth - nowadays era. their first album was their best.

the vid I did for my friends:
Halvmørk - Troglodit

"I tell you what's really ridiculous - going into a bookstore and there's all these books about yourself. In a way, it feels like you're already dead."
(#315 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-29-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuoyaNatsume View Post
I love Nickelback too, not that much but they're in my top 10. Chad Krueger's voice is awesome!! Hero is my all time favorite into the nite w/ satana love it! Omg I love you guy's *Tear drops* although Kakashi is a bit verbally abusive sometime, but I still love you guy's
I was a Nickelback fan too but everything after "Silver Side Up" is too lame with all those love ballads and now I can't stand them.

Last edited by Acidreptile : 11-29-2007 at 01:41 PM.
(#316 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-29-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneDoll View Post
Crematory is pretty much lame nowadays. or at least with the Revolution album .. they changed their style and it`s not worth it.

Within Temptation also sucks ass with the Mother Earth - nowadays era. their first album was their best.

the vid I did for my friends:
Halvmørk - Troglodit

I don't think "Revolution" is that bad but I have to respect your opinion since you probably knows much more than me.And Within Temptation I can't stand them it's too annoying.

I really wish i could see your video but You tube don't works for me.

Last edited by Acidreptile : 11-29-2007 at 01:41 PM.
(#317 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

11-29-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:

Crematory evolved... at least they did not stuck on playing the same stuff all over again, as many bands do >_< The touch of industrial metal in the Act seven and Revolution albums is very nicely done and goes great together with their original style... As it comes to their early albums, i found them being totally unpolished and weakly done, not to mention the exaggerated use of growling, without any normal vocals to harmonize it out, which they changed with the female vocals and synthesizer sound later on...

Within Temptation had some great songs, you have to give them credit for that. But I have to agree, that they have depleted... at least for now.

And one more thing ID, please, do not say that some artist sucks, just because you don't like him. Remember that that is only your opinion and not a fact.

With that said, here's another of my favorites, that i used to listen over and over again

Dark Tranquility - Lost to apathy

(#318 (permalink))
Old
InsaneDoll (Offline)
trve metal pygmy

12-01-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
I don't think "Revolution" is that bad but I have to respect your opinion since you probably knows much more than me.And Within Temptation I can't stand them it's too annoying.
you should listen to them, if you haven`t already and form your own opinion. don`t base your judgement on some other`s opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post

Crematory evolved... at least they did not stuck on playing the same stuff all over again, as many bands do >_< The touch of industrial metal in the Act seven and Revolution albums is very nicely done and goes great together with their original style... As it comes to their early albums, i found them being totally unpolished and weakly done, not to mention the exaggerated use of growling, without any normal vocals to harmonize it out, which they changed with the female vocals and synthesizer sound later on...

Within Temptation had some great songs, you have to give them credit for that. But I have to agree, that they have depleted... at least for now.

And one more thing ID, please, do not say that some artist sucks, just because you don't like him. Remember that that is only your opinion and not a fact.
oki.. let me rephrase myself. evolution would not be the word I`d chose to describe the change in their style. since Lotte`s departure, the band managed to surprize me. in bad.
your interpretation as unpolished and weakly done and etc etc of their early work amused me just a little.

fek it, you already have your opinion on this matter formed so why bother.

within temptation were good when they released their enter album. and not even then they were great or spectacular, in my opinion

"I tell you what's really ridiculous - going into a bookstore and there's all these books about yourself. In a way, it feels like you're already dead."
(#319 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

12-01-2007, 01:22 AM

Quote:
your interpretation as unpolished and weakly done and etc etc of their early work amused me just a little.
Well, i do think that most of the bands at the time of creating their 1st (and maybe 2nd and 3rd) album are still in the search for their own style and sound, often ignoring criticism towards them... and only later on, they have gathered enough of experience and enough of $ to hire a good producer [a half-joke] to help them cut off their unneeded edges and polish their performance and skills... And the ways I see it, Crematory, although is one of my favorite bands, have not been an exception of this pattern, same as Sonata Arctica, In Flames, Blood Stain Child, Dark Tranquility and many many others...
I don't know if it's due to my Audiophilic perspective and the requirement of as balanced, harmonized and clean sound in order to experience pleasure from the music i listen to, but when it comes to music, it s very common for me to say that "the 1st puppies are always meant to be drowned" (there most probably is no such saying in the english language, but the point is that the 1st attempts of doing something are usually far from perfect and should be discarded). This may also be due to the fact that most musicians share the same aspirations- to become recognized, famous, the best and in their rush to make the 1st record, to make their music more widespread (and earn $ of course), they often forget that talent and fresh ideas are not the only things to make a successful album.
(#320 (permalink))
Old
InsaneDoll (Offline)
trve metal pygmy

12-01-2007, 11:33 AM

I do see and understand your point.
as far as I`m concerned, I grew up with Crematory and you can call it nostalgia reliving the past, but I`m better off with their early work. the touch of industrial sound on the latter albums just irritates my ears knowing what they were to me and they have become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum
at least they did not stuck on playing the same stuff all over again, as many bands do
ah well .. this is relative.