JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee's Avatar
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs
 
Posts: 866
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
02-08-2009, 04:31 PM

Does Memoirs of a Geisha count?
Cause I got teary in that one =D


Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question
Reply With Quote
(#22 (permalink))
Old
alanX's Avatar
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler
 
Posts: 1,114
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: An arrogant nation.
Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-08-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatredcopter View Post
Ikiru (生きる). Definitely one of Japan's best films, directed by none other than Akira Kurosawa.
I have heard of 生きる, but I have never watched it. But i will now ^_^

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, keep em' coming.


猿も木から落ちる
Reply With Quote
(#23 (permalink))
Old
alanX's Avatar
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler
 
Posts: 1,114
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: An arrogant nation.
Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-08-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animelover32 View Post
If you're being sarcastic, I don't remember the details, it's my friends movie not mine. If you're not, the spoilers wern't that bad and you should expect spoilers in a thread like this.
I was being sarcastic....

But it's all gooooood man.


猿も木から落ちる
Reply With Quote
(#24 (permalink))
Old
alanX's Avatar
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler
 
Posts: 1,114
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: An arrogant nation.
Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-08-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
"1 Liter of Tears" almost had me whimpering... and I only watched the first quarter of it.
I didn't watch entire thing because it was far too depressing for me.
... Which also makes me feel guilty because it is based on a true story.
I will definitely watch that, I've seen it all over the place, but have never watched it.

Thanks!


猿も木から落ちる
Reply With Quote
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Aniki's Avatar
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller
 
Posts: 1,242
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Europe
02-08-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
I will definitely watch that, I've seen it all over the place, but have never watched it.
Get ready to cry a lot, because like Jaydelart said his post 'One litre of tears' very depressing.
Reply With Quote
(#26 (permalink))
Old
alanX's Avatar
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler
 
Posts: 1,114
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: An arrogant nation.
Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-10-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Get ready to cry a lot, because like Jaydelart said his post 'One litre of tears' very depressing.
Yeah I watched it yesterday, and I kind of put 2 and 2 together to find out what would happen. So it wasn't as much as a shock. But it was very depressing and made me sad.

But surprisingly, Taiyou no Uta made me cry more. And it was such a great movie. Probably my favorite Jmovie.


猿も木から落ちる
Reply With Quote
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire's Avatar
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station
 
Posts: 2,353
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ウェリントン、ニュジランド
02-12-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
"1 Liter of Tears" almost had me whimpering... and I only watched the first quarter of it.
I didn't watch entire thing because it was far too depressing for me.
... Which also makes me feel guilty because it is based on a true story.
You should definitely watch the rest of it!

Looking back I would describe that series as an interesting journey through the stages of grief and the series does well to evoke the feelings typically involved.

From denial to anger to bargaining to depression to acceptance.

This is one of the most touching things I've ever seen. If you watch it right through the idea is that you hopefully reach the level of acceptance.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 02-12-2009 at 02:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#28 (permalink))
Old
alanX's Avatar
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler
 
Posts: 1,114
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: An arrogant nation.
Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-12-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
You should definitely watch the rest of it!

Looking back I would describe that series as an interesting journey through the stages of grief and the series does well to evoke the feelings typically involved.

From denial to anger to bargaining to depression to acceptance.

This is one of the most touching things I've ever seen. If you watch it right through the idea is that you hopefully reach the level of acceptance.
Well If I understood what you said, then I'd probably agree with you.


猿も木から落ちる
Reply With Quote
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi's Avatar
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?
 
Posts: 585
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: My own Private Island ^^.
02-12-2009, 05:53 PM

I actually felt sad after watching "No Body Knows" but then was happy I was a single child too xD.


I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
Reply With Quote
(#30 (permalink))
Old
englishfire (Offline)
New to JF
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2009
02-12-2009, 09:38 PM

any other good ones i should be aware of lol. i only know about a few and one being moon child *think thats the name*
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6