A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-05-2009, 04:41 PM

Since Astro Boy is a CG animation and not a live action movie I have my doubt's that it's going to fail like other Hollywood remakes, infact I give my thumbs up to it.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-05-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
To play Devil's advocate, even if these movies suck (in fan's eyes) what they do is bring a title to a whole new audience. For some people Dragonball: Evolution will be their first exposure to Dragonball, and that will make them say "I want to see more" or "I want to see the original series". That is why even crappy movies are green-lighted: Exposure. Nine times out of ten the source will be more entertaining than the Hollywood remake, but what it does is funnel people to Japanese media, which is a good thing. That means titles will not stop being published mid-story and mid-series.

Look at the bright side.

And for those of you that think it is cool to like something no one else does, and hates these movies for exposing your secret fandom to the masses, get over it.
It's not that I mind at all that they are making the movies. But can't they write scripts that are atleast okay? And choose better actors. Yes, it probably makes it more popular in the long run, but Hollywoods imagination is gone. Can't they atleast get someone in anime to write the scripts?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
06-05-2009, 05:33 PM

is there any rumours concerning Naoki Urasawa's Monster to be film?

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#15 (permalink))
Old
uenostation54 (Offline)
New to JF

06-05-2009, 06:11 PM

I hate Hollywood!!!!! There gunna mess up Robotech (Macross Japanese version and the best version) and I heard there gunna do King of Fighters as well. Sad times to live in..
(#16 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
06-14-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uenostation54 View Post
I hate Hollywood!!!!! There gunna mess up Robotech (Macross Japanese version and the best version) and I heard there gunna do King of Fighters as well. Sad times to live in..
America should just stop messing up animes and mangas. FOREVER!!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-22-2009, 03:44 AM

The only way to keep with the ideal is for those anime companies to do what Marvel had to do, make thier own hollywood studio.

Look at Spiderman 1 and 2 or Iron Man..those were good because they stayed true to the original character. Lord of the Rings was very good as well because it too tried to stay with in the story's guidlines.

Hollywood tends to gloss over the idea that its the characters and thier story that matter and not all the fancy explosions. With out the heart, all you have are exsplosions, I can watch those when the History channle has a special on volcanos.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
06-22-2009, 03:52 AM

I was told a couple of months ago that an american director will be making a live action film of ghost in the shell that should be done by the mid year of 2010. I had this stuck in my mind for awhile now but never came around to ask, if this is true what do you all think of it?

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Altaru (Offline)
I want my Insanity back!

06-22-2009, 04:39 AM

To the above...

Let me google that for you

Lulz.

Now, for the sake of everyone else...

Yes, there apparently have been talks about a live-action GitS, and the company Dreamworks is apparently planning to do it.

Honestly, I don't think they'll do to bad. They did do Transformers, after all, and I don't know a single person who hates that movie.

As for Hollywood doing anime movies as a whole...

I REALLY wish they would stop. I mean, live-action may draw in bigger audiences and everything, but when the only thing that IS drawing in audiences is big booms and bigger boobs, that's not going to lead to an interest in anime.

It's actually rather counter-productive, because many of the people that go to those movies and haven't seen the original expect the original to be more like the movie, so they dislike the original.

There are a few exceptions, but all I can say is that if they ever do Fullmetal Alchemist, Air Gear, or a few others, I will purchase a plane ticket to Hollywood specifically for the purpose of kicking the entire cast and crews ass if they screw it up.

EDIT: Oh god... Transformers WAS mostly big booms and bigger boobs... Well, I don't know what to say now...

Squad 11 - Sanity isn't our style.

Emilie Autumn, in the middle. She's amazing. That is all.

"We're all puppets. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."

Last edited by Altaru : 06-22-2009 at 04:53 AM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
06-22-2009, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaru View Post
To the above...

Let me google that for you

Lulz.

Now, for the sake of everyone else...

Yes, there apparently have been talks about a live-action GitS, and the company Dreamworks is apparently planning to do it.

Honestly, I don't think they'll do to bad. They did do Transformers, after all, and I don't know a single person who hates that movie.

As for Hollywood doing anime movies as a whole...

I REALLY wish they would stop. I mean, live-action may draw in bigger audiences and everything, but when the only thing that IS drawing in audiences is big booms and bigger boobs, that's not going to lead to an interest in anime.

It's actually rather counter-productive, because many of the people that go to those movies and haven't seen the original expect the original to be more like the movie, so they dislike the original.

There are a few exceptions, but all I can say is that if they ever do Fullmetal Alchemist, Air Gear, or a few others, I will purchase a plane ticket to Hollywood specifically for the purpose of kicking the entire cast and crews ass if they screw it up.

EDIT: Oh god... Transformers WAS mostly big booms and bigger boobs... Well, I don't know what to say now...
Eh thanks. When it comes to live action of course it will look good if the main characters arnt human (transformers) but when it comes to ones with humans (dbz) they mainly do suck. Not from my opinion just by what i see i agree with some that say hollywood should leave anime alone and level it to the experts.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog

Last edited by Tsuruneru : 06-22-2009 at 05:13 AM.